Not again!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of Emily. It's never easy, but it's particularly painful in light of your other recent losses. My heart goes out to you.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is breaking for your loss of Emily.....but I`m so glad that she was able to spend the last year and 1/2 of her life with YOU! She left KNOWING that she was greatly loved.
Linda

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
At the end of her life, at least she was loved. I'm very sorry for your loss. RIP Emily.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry. May your heart heal quickly. Rest in peace dear Emily. You are loved and missed.

aries

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. May God bless you with peace and comfort during this time.

One note about your other cats. Since I don't know your situation, I can only speculate. But if you have numerous animals and are loving them and getting them the care like with Emily then I believe you are doing yourself a dis-service. God is using you and you will be blessed for your part in His mission.

God uses us when we will let him, whether to care for others or to spread his word. I believe that includes caring for all his creations; our world and the animals that populate it with us.

I personally have a houseful + at the moment, but God has brought each one to me in different ways. Some were strays. Some were rescues. Some were stays of execution. Some are ferals. Some were elderly. Most are animals that no one else wants or would take care of.

Our dog, Sassy, for instance was a stay of execution. Her owner died and no one else would take the time to acclimate her to a new household and ride out her greiving(she cried and kept running away). She was going to be put down the next day when Mom insisted that we take her in. My mother never wants to me to drag home another animal, but this time God was dealing with her heart.

Sorry, I am dragging on, but my point is that as hard as it is to bear losing a beloved pet, you may be the only hope and source of love these animals ever know. Love is never wasted even on a dying animal or one destined for a shorter life.

Bless you and your houseful!

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm was so sad to see this thread moved to the RB section. I am sorry about Emily.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so sorry, you've been through so much lately.

You're in my thoughts

Be at peace, dear
Emily

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you everyone. I've had a few days to sleep on this and my critters are going out of their way to snuggle with me. It is giving all of us comfort right now. When you take on the cast offs from society, you take on a higher level of problems than you would find otherwise. It doesn't make it any easier when you lose them, but actually is a comfort when I stop and think what they could have gone thru without me.

I woke up this morning and came out of my despair long enough to realize that there hasn't been a moment in the last few days when someone wasn't in my lap, on my chest, or following me from room to room. Emily had a few close buddies that are grieving in their own rights, but most of the cats are rallying around me right now. This is what keeps me going and makes me love them all the more.

It is always humbling when you realize that cats, thru their birth, life and death have so much to teach us. I gladly accept those lessons.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soooooo sorry to hear about Emily. Thank you for having the courage to do the right thing and let her rest in peace and have no more pain. I know that it is very hard to do especially when you are trying to help them but sometimes they are beyond help and we have to let them go. Do not blame yourself for having so many cats, They all need you, it was just Emily's time. RIP sweet kitty.

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Thank you everyone. I've had a few days to sleep on this and my critters are going out of their way to snuggle with me. It is giving all of us comfort right now. When you take on the cast offs from society, you take on a higher level of problems than you would find otherwise. It doesn't make it any easier when you lose them, but actually is a comfort when I stop and think what they could have gone thru without me.

I woke up this morning and came out of my despair long enough to realize that there hasn't been a moment in the last few days when someone wasn't in my lap, on my chest, or following me from room to room. Emily had a few close buddies that are grieving in their own rights, but most of the cats are rallying around me right now. This is what keeps me going and makes me love them all the more.

It is always humbling when you realize that cats, thru their birth, life and death have so much to teach us. I gladly accept those lessons.
It is so very rewarding to have your feline family rally around you for mutual comfort. Cats are amazing insightful creatures. I am sorry for your loss and recent losses.
I admire your strength and courage to stay this focused through a time of sadness like this. Sadness can be a blanket that could smother you at times, but I am happy that you are wearing that blanket to keep you warm enough to go on.
Peace be with you always.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amy,

I am sorry I just discovered your post
You do an amazing job and I am sorry that you are going through a rash of illnesses/deaths lately.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so sorry to hear that. I also think it is harder when we haven't had animals that long. I do hope you do carry on with what you do, although the losses are hard, the knowledge that another furbabe has had a good end to life because of you is a very good consolation.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy, I just found this thread...my heart goes out to you. I'm sure Emily and Luthien are playing together over the Bridge....

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very very sorry - words escape me right now I am afraid

sending lots of love to you & your crew from across the ocean

RIP Emily