Nostalgia

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The last two days had so much nostalgia regarding kittens for me.

First, I took the donated money to the APL yesterday and someone had dropped off a box full of very young kittens, six of them. Luckily, they had a foster meowmy coming in to take them.

Today, my co-worker brought in her polydactyl kitten. He was the cutest little guy. I didn't believe her when she told me how many toes he had. He had nine toes on one foot and eight on the other. She said her cat had an all black one just like it. I so want it, but can't take another cat.

Just being around them made me think of how much fun I had with the kittens when they were first born.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Don't you just love to look back and think about when your babies were so tiny?

I think of our RugKittens (all five of them) and what fun they were. I remember all the things they did and the antics they pulled.

Even Mollipop has grown up; it seems hard to believe that she was just a little tiny baby only a year or so ago. When I first brought her home, DH was so afraid he'd roll over in bed and squash her and I used to cuddle with her in my arms. Now? No chance! She rules the bed and there's no way she's going to get squashed.

Sometimes when I think of our cats and some of the things they did when they were scampering around the house, I get tears. They're older now and all the geriatric gang does now is eat and sleep.

They do grow up so fast....way too fast sometimes.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ran across a picture of Clydie the other day that must have been right after I brought him home, even younger than the "Sweet Baby Clyde" picture in my sig. His eyes were so big and his little neck was so scrawny...