Nose Bald Spot

blink182

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, this morning I discovered a small bald spot on my cat’s nose! I’m not sure if this is from playing or what but I attached some pictures. We also have another cat but she doesn’t seem to have that.

Health info:
Vaccines and flea/tick treatment: Up to date

Attachments

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
B blink182 it's likely that they got too rough playing or she was swatted at too hard or the other cat's nails are a bit long.

Usually the fur grows back in a few weeks.

Calcifer came to us with a nose scrape :) IMG_20211110_191837022.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blink182

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
B blink182 it's likely that they got too rough playing or she was swatted at too hard or the other cat's nails are a bit long.

Usually the fur grows back in a few weeks.

Calcifer came to us with a nose scrape :) View attachment 431689
Thank you! Looks just like that, it might be our other cat’s nails, we’ve been meaning to trim them. How long did Calcifer’s hair take to grow back?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you! Looks just like that, it might be our other cat’s nails, we’ve been meaning to trim them. How long did Calcifer’s hair take to grow back?
We got him on November 10th and that's when the photo was taken. By November 27th I don't see any trace of it in photos.

He doesn't have it on this 13 weeks (4 ish months) photo, but does have it on the following photo she sent..not sure how much time in between. I don't remember if he had it at our video meet and green two weeks before we brought him home.

But that would put the longest time frame for the hair to grow back at 5 weeks.

Whew! That was more math than I expected 😂

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh. Side note, it's good to keep them trimmed up if you're seeing behaviour like swatting, as they can accidentally cause scratches on one another eyes which are considered serious emergencies that need treatment within 24 hours.

It's so hard to keep on top of when they are young! I can link a couple stress free nail trimming videos if you want.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blink182

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh. Side note, it's good to keep them trimmed up if you're seeing behaviour like swatting, as they can accidentally cause scratches on one another eyes which are considered serious emergencies that need treatment within 24 hours.

It's so hard to keep on top of when they are young! I can link a couple stress free nail trimming videos if you want.
Thank you so much for all your tips! It doesn’t seem to hurt him but we’re keeping an eye on it!