North Texas TCS Meetup Videos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I know you wouldn't recommend downloading this if it wasn't "safe", but TBH, I'm afraid to download anything now after the virus download disaster!

Are you sure I won't have any problems??
I didn't hear about the IBM disaster but it is hard to imagine sites like apple.com not being safe. Millions of people use QuickTime without problems. Now, here is an interesting point. You can find web sites advertising that they will sell you QuickTime 7.5 for about $25. They are acting as a third party "helper". I would imagine that it is sites like this that could bugger your computer. Go straight to apple.com in the link I provided. BTW, not universally known is that you need to keep your computer up to date with Microsoft service packs. All you need to do is click on start in the lower left corner. You should see Microsoft Updates in the left box, if not, click on All Programs and it should appear in the upper left corner. Make sure to get Service Pack number 2 and deselect the two boxes for free mail. You MUST have Service Pack number II on your computer to make QuickTime 7.5 work!

So there you have it. There are people out there who will do the very hard work described above and charge you for it. THEY are the people that would also supply the bugs. I just cannot imagine microsoft or apple supplying bugs but as my Lawyer CarolPetunia tells me, I am only telling you what works perfect for ME and what I believe to be true. BTW, that service pack significantly improved the performance of my computer so perhaps we can hear from some of our members that have done this already (put microsoft service pack two on their computer and then put QuickTime 7.5 on their computer). This is a great movie player, everything is free and it most certainly should be bug free by going directly to the big guys and not going through a third part that wants to sell you something and possibly steal your ID. Try it, you'll like it!