Normal?

aeo0689

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One month ago my cat had kittens, she never had anything to do with them. Never nursed (she had no milk) never came near them. She killed two females and one just died shortly after birth. Her kittens were c section babies. The male kitten loves to cuddle me and today mama kitty decided she was going to clean him. She keeps trying to grab him off of me and lick him, I don't mind hat she does that but I worry about how rough she seems to be. She keeps trying to grab him and it almost looks like she's playing biting and such but I'm afraid she will hurt him. Should I allow her to interact with him or continue to keep them separated? This is the first time since he wan born that she has come anywhere near him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you should continue to let her interact with her remaining kittens, but also continue to supervise.

The kittens will benefit from having mom teach them kitten manners. This sometimes means that mom fusses with them, pins them down, and nips or hisses at them. As long as she is not too rough, this is normal behavior. If she gets too rough, just gently break it up.

How many kittens remain?

Was mom spayed during the c-section?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aeo0689

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok thank you. I felt like she was being rough with him and worried she would hurt him. As stated before she killed the two females so I was weary of her being near him. And again, she's never interacted with him before. He is he last remaining kitten and she was spayed during her c section.

Rachel Warner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat had 3 kittens two passed away and she has one left as well. When I have her with me mama always takes her .. My Queen also plays a little ruff to but when baby says it hurts she stops.. my cat doesn't seem to miss the other two at all but loves her one baby it's weird it's like they know they can only take care of one.. My cat also was not able to feed her kittens for 7 days due to bacteria infection her milk dryed up. But baby sucked on her and after a few days milk came back.