Normal Lipoma Growth?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcurmudgeon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't get the tattoo because Ella had a coughing episode, so I stayed at home with her. I'm going to go this week, if I can manage it. I'll post a picture once I get it. Unfortunately, the vet said that a steroid injection was not a good idea after Ella's surgery, so we don't have any options for helping her except for continuing the antibiotics (which the vet warned me will not improve her breathing). 

Ella is continuing to go downhill, and it is becoming clear that her happy moments are less and less often. She scored a 34 today on the quality of life scale, so we have made an appointment for tomorrow (we wanted today, but tomorrow was the soonest they could fit us in). I'm considering bumping it to Friday because tomorrow is my birthday, and Ella seems to be doing a little better today, but I don't want to postpone it and cause her additional suffering. And my husband pointed out that, as my familiar, my birthday is almost an appropriate time for her to go to sleep one last time.

Ella is still eating, but eating less. She hasn't lost any weight, and she is still grooming and using the litter box. The big concern we have is that she is breathing hard most/all of the time (though no open-mouthed breathing yet), and her episodes are worse, happening more frequently, and seem to last longer. In between episodes, she is lethargic, and it's harder to get her to purr. She is also getting grumpier when we wake her up to check on her (even if she seems to be breathing fine). I think she is telling us that it is time, but the decision is still so difficult to make. I don't want her to suffer, and I don't want her life to become bleak, so I am hoping that the appointment tomorrow is the right decision. 

I understand your frustration about toys that are rejected- we have an entire box of them, and I think maybe every cat parent does. The things we do for our pets. But I'm glad that Dudley is showing interest in the toy. =)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ever so sad to hear of Ella's farewell.  

Tomorrow, 23rd March, is one year ago to the day that Brian died.  I read somewhere, or someone once told me, that the 23rd of the month is watched over by a guardian angel.  I can't help but transfer this thought into Brian watching over every 23rd March from tomorrow onwards.  I'm full of old wives' tales, folk lore, and superstitions - apparently I've always been this way since being a very small child.  We must take our comfort where we can find it, hey.  

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your birthday today is as good as it can be.  I'm thinking of you all.  Don't forget yourself, have some cake in honour of Ella and you.

zygote

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry that Ella's time has come already. She has clearly been well loved.

I wish you both peace. 

catcurmudgeon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you both so much for your thoughts and kindness. Yesterday was really terrible-the night before Ella had made it clear that the time was coming quickly, and I wish I had called the vet and had an emergency vet come over. It was not an emergency- she was alright, but clearly declining. We decided against it because we both thought it was a low point, and that she would go back up in the morning.

In the morning she was having much more trouble breathing and was clearly stressed. We called the vet and, thank goodness, they sent a vet over right away rather than making us wait for our 12:00 appointment. 

We miss Ella dearly, and we hadn't realized just how much she shaped our lives. It is heartbreaking to come home and not have her greeting us (terribly grumpy because we left her alone for a few hours, but unable to mask her happiness that we were back!). She was the first thing I saw every morning, and the last think I'd see before going to sleep, because she would sit on my chest and stare at me, purring, during both occasions. She left a giant hole in our lives where she used to be, and I don't think it will be easy adjusting to our new-normal without her. 

Thank you both so much for all of the comfort you have sent me. I don't know how I survived the past few weeks, but I know that this helped. 

@Brian007  thank you for your insights and folklore =) I hope you were alright yesterday, and you spent the day remembering happy times with Brian.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
catcurmudgeon catcurmudgeon
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Ella took a piece of your hearts with her. Please know that you did the right thing for your girl.

I lost my Kiki just two months ago, and learning how to fall asleep without her has been a challenge.

Yet, after two months, I'm not missing her as often or as painfully. I still look for her, and I'm trying to remember the good times

I'm so sorry. Words aren't enough to capture the grief. Your love will live on, and she has left her pawprints on your heart.

catcurmudgeon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@foxden  Thank you so much. I'm so sorry to hear about your Kiki, but I am glad you are doing better. I am sure that Ella knew she was very loved, and that our lives basically revolved around her (she was the most spoiled cat I've ever met, and it was all my doing), but it doesn't make it easier right now.

I hope it continues to get easier for you, and that you will continue to remember the good times <3

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, I hope that you can celebrate your birthday today with joyful memories of Ella. It's been two years today since Brian left me, I still grieve for him deeply. I know that you will be grieving for Ella too, and anniversaries are never left unmarked. :rbheart:

I acquired Parker in July, he's now 11 months old and is my special sparkle. He and Dudley get along so sweetly together that it melts my heart. They are an abundance of adorable. :greenpaw::bluepaw:

I hope that you are doing well and wish you all the best. :bouquet:

D&P spooning. :hugs:
Spooning.jpg

:heartshape: