Nonsense things your cats play with

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ice. Elsie started the tradition and now (sometimes) considers herself too dignified. The "kittens" love it, though. Usually if DH or I get ice from the fridge, they'll hear the ice maker and come running. We have to throw a cube or two down the hall for them to chase or there will never be peace. Sometimes, I'll put ice in their drinking water. Sally and Bree will make a terrible watery mess, sticking their hands in the water and throwing it in the floor, trying to get the ice.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have all hardwood floors in the house so chairs and furniture all have felt pads underneath, and Willow just loves these little pads. She steals any that fall off and also sneaks into the closet and steals new ones.
Funny! I have the same situation in my apartment. Willy has never gotten ahold of one of those pads, but I sometimes see him pawing at them, especially at the bases of my dining room chair legs.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amber loved tissue paper! I got it in a package once, left it out for 2 seconds and she was jumping and pouncing it! Everytime I got tissue paper after that, I'd let her play with it but the novelty would always wore off eventually.

When my foster kittens get big enough to graduate from their play pen and to the kitten nursery room, there is an elastic band on the outside of the pen that they all became super obsessed with and would bat it nonstop, sometimes competing with one another to do so. All the kittens I've fostered have also been obsessed with pens and pencils. Some of them like playing with the strap on my camera while I try to take cute pictures of them. Watching them try to attack light reflecting on the wall is also quite funny.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watching them try to attack light reflecting on the wall is also quite funny.
Yes! Beams of light and shadows are a huge nonsense cat thing.

When Willy was young, watching shadows in the morning, as the sun rose, always made him super excited. Too excited... he'd get into that ears-pinned-back mode where there was no stopping his mania.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not sure if Elsie is playing with all this, but she steals my stuff. I think it is just that it belongs to me and I belong to her? I haven't seen my old standby glasses I like to wear at home in months. Pretty sure she took them. I have looked everywhere and can't find them. The "kittens" who are now two years old, will take pens and toys to a box that is apparently their lair.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a pic of my cat playing with this (I'll try to get some) but he loves TP rolls that I cut along the seams, so they yield two spiraley halves. My cat loves these things. They freely roll, bounce a little bit, and he can carry them around during zoomies.
I just give Willow the whole empty roll and let her shred it to bits

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bynx will play with anything that moves or isn't tied down...and if he wants my attention, with something I'm using...it never ends. 😒
Lily for whatever reason likes to attack ears...and no it's not because of earrings or anything shiny that gets her. She also likes to go after my hair. I've been woken up many time in the middle of the night with her pouncing on my head going after either of them.....again....😒
Chester is my only "normal" cat when it comes to what he plays with. It's not always an actual cat toy, but still a common thing that cats tend to play with. 🙂

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just give Willow the whole empty roll and let her shred it to bits
Willy was never as interested when the roll is fully intact. He's a small-ish cat though, as his growth was stunted from being sick at an early age, before I rescued him. So he likes more bite-sized things. And when the TP rolls are sectioned in half like I described, he has an easier time carrying them around and such.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My shoes have some treads on the bottom, and occasionally I'll track in the odd, small stone from the driveway. Lila and Sarah will find one and go absolutely insane batting it all over the room. Somehow, one or two cats can sound like a stampede when playing with a tiny little toy like that. I think they like the sound it makes as it gets sent across the floor. Who knew a stupid stone could provide so much entertainment! Weird because Goof never plays with them. He says it's beneath him, which is absolutely incorrect. :lol:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phoebe loves chasing shadows. Anyone who visits has to spend time doing wiggling finger shadows on the wall so she can leap up after them. She also loves knocking things down to play with (it’s her belief that the floor is the place for everything) - pens, scissors, spectacles, toothbrushes, tubes, phones, Mum’s insulin equipment, and especially Greebo (yes that Greebo).

Daisy’s not such a gravity-obsessed lunatic. :lol:

image.jpg

C3587C0D-3BD2-4957-9659-B6C886E25BE1.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Phoebe loves chasing shadows. Anyone who visits has to spend time doing wiggling finger shadows on the wall so she can leap up after them. She also loves knocking things down to play with (it’s her belief that the floor is the place for everything) - pens, scissors, spectacles, toothbrushes, tubes, phones, Mum’s insulin equipment, and especially Greebo (yes that Greebo).

Daisy’s not such a gravity-obsessed lunatic. :lol:

View attachment 448592

View attachment 448591
Heyy she looks like my cat Anubis 😃
2507C1C6-D3D7-4330-AA2B-6EBAFBADED45.jpeg

He had a little cave bed that he eventually outgrew. When I was cleaning it out I found missing socks, bottle caps, rubber bands, and uhm…. Bras and panties.. 😐 no I’m not kidding. I think he must have pulled them out of my drawer when I’d leave it partially open. Sometimes the straps would hang out and I would sometimes see him playing with it. The undergarments drawer was the last bottom drawer so he had easier access 😂

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
(Deleted this post because I quoted my own comment by accident lol)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heyy she looks like my cat Anubis 😃
View attachment 448593
He had a little cave bed that he eventually outgrew. When I was cleaning it out I found missing socks, bottle caps, rubber bands, and uhm…. Bras and panties.. 😐 no I’m not kidding. I think he must have pulled them out of my drawer when I’d leave it partially open. Sometimes the straps would hang out and I would sometimes see him playing with it. The undergarments drawer was the last bottom drawer so he had easier access 😂
They do look alike!
I had to brace a piece of dowel in my sliding wardrobe door to stop these two getting in and pulling stuff out - especially since I have yarn in there. Daisy tries to get into drawers when they’re open, but fortunately there’s nothing she wants to pull out! Bedside drawer with all my odds and ends is an irresistible lure for Phoebe to haul things out, though.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We kept hearing Neely jump in the bathtub and since she was an extremely mischievous cat we went in the bathroom to investigate. We should have known she was up to no good because she got the bathtub strainer out and ran off with it. She would constantly hide them so we'd have to buy new ones but she sure knew how to entertain herself. :lol: