Non-Cat Relatives/Friends

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My in laws.

They're basically ok people but they're completely ignorant about animals in general. They do not understand that an animal is just that, and certainly do not understand cats are not scheming some diabolical plan. For some reason my FIL thinks that cats do this or that with the intention of making someone mad or that they have such high reasoning skills that they can plan out cause and effect down to little details.

They have little to no empathy, were a hurt or sick animal (and I think even a person) in need of help, they wouldn't lift a finger. It might ruin their image of what other people think of them.

The sad thing is that FIL's comments are really straining things.
DH is a animal and especially a cat person, and it's really ruining any respect he might have once had for his parents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

My in laws.

They're basically ok people but they're completely ignorant about animals in general. They do not understand that an animal is just that, and certainly do not understand cats are not scheming some diabolical plan. For some reason my FIL thinks that cats do this or that with the intention of making someone mad or that they have such high reasoning skills that they can plan out cause and effect down to little details.
Your FIL is right! They are scheming some diabolical plan to GET HIM because they KNOW HE does not like THEM! And they do this or that with the intention of making someone mad (only someone who DOES NOT LIKE THEM)!

They DO have high reasoning skills that they can plan out cause and effect down to little details. THEY ARE CATS-SUPERIOR to humans!!!

Time to let FIL know he was right all along.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not when he uses that reasoning to deduce that the cats should be gone or dead.

Unfortunately at this time we rent from them, that's going to be changing soon. And if their little comments keep up, we may not extend any welcome to them at all after we move.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Not when he uses that reasoning to deduce that the cats should be gone or dead.

Unfortunately at this time we rent from them, that's going to be changing soon. And if their little comments keep up, we may not extend any welcome to them at all after we move.
No wonder they scheme diabolical things, I would too if my FIL wanted me gone or dead.

AH HA-- it's the FIL who scheme's diabolical things and it's the FIL who does this or that with the intention of making someone mad and the FIL has such high reasoning skills that they he can plan out cause and effect down to little details.

Your cats are reflecting your FIL's intentions and those intentions are mirrored RIGHT BACK TO HIM. HA HA

So glad I have my book!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They all joke around with me and all my animals......

My mom and sister are dog and cat lovers, but my brother is more of a dog fan.

I dont care what they say.....

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I'm single and have no children, Lexi is like my child, so I talk about her all the time at work.
I can't help it! My family has always had cats so we are cat crazy.