Non cat related but woman related...

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn it! From now on I'm going to have the English dude I work with translate Kev's messages for me before I respond so I don't feel like an idiot!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by kev
Ayup lass, is thee takin t'mickey outus Yorkshire folk. we ave arr own langwidge up here in t'northern parts where is thats windy, t'ducks fly back-ards. At ome, we ave our whippetts, a coupla ferrets and I keep mi pipe an slippers nex ta back door. We know tha ours gobs are big, but we iz strong in t'body and thick in t'head and if anyone argues, thas ends up ded.
We goez up t'Ilkley Moor, tha knows the song ilkly moor by tat - well thee up ere invented it and thees proud of it.
Finally, if the Yorkshire lasses are owt to go by up ere, then our mate in thee east somewier is gonna be a stunna for sure...

Kev
enjoying himself and if you read the above - its how we sound to non Yorkies!
You've lost me after the "A" in "Ayup". I only speak south-side Chicagoan.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hon, I ought to mention this too. I'm 5'5" and 240 pounds and hubby says there isn't enough of me to love! There are other sweeties like this out there. Believe me.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Kev, ya speak like me friend Karen from Sunderland! There's a difference, but I love to hear it and read it! Also brought back memories of the Canterbury Tales! *grin*

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh, did I mention that I specialized in medieval lit in both English and German? Practically the same language back then I tell you.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by kev

What makes a woman beautiful ? Its the size of her heart, its the way she smiles, looks after herself, its in her laugh and the abilty to make others laugh, its the way she holds herself and talks to others. Its the warmth of her personality, the way people feel comfortable with her prescence - I could go on but I think that now you have found yourself in all the above - you should start feeling better.

Its NOT in - the size of her breasts, the shape of her ass, its not what she has in the bank, its not the size of her house or car. Its not the tallness or shortness, its not in the way that she maybe thin, medium or large (if you excuse the expression, its not the size of her nose, shape of her mouth or the disabilty she may have or may not. Its not the glasses she wears or whatever. There again are more and I could go on and on.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! To say such wonderful things and to have such insight into the heart of a woman.....wow! Your wife is so very lucky!!!! I wish more men felt this way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hey guys..thanks for the replies... reading all that makes me feel really good... sometimes a woman can get really nuts about weight and all that and lose all that's good inside... thanks for reminding me.. and kev, next time i go over to UK, u better not speak to me in that way.. i'll be scratching my head a whole lot.. LOL!!!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Debby
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! To say such wonderful things and to have such insight into the heart of a woman.....wow! Your wife is so very lucky!!!! I wish more men felt this way.
That makes two of us !

jenk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm woefully out of shape, but I am fairly slender at 5', 3" and 124lbs. (more jiggle than muscle to me these days). In college, I was in the best shape; as it turns out, my roommate and best friend, both heavyset, envied me my thinness. But what they didn't (and still don't) know is that I horribly envied them for their perfect skin (I have genetically-inherited acne). So we essentially walked around envying one another, thinking that the other one had it so much easier.

I've dated good-looking men (and married the most handsome one
). My former roommate was admired by a very handsome, very intelligent man; but she wouldn't date him because she lacked confidence (put too much emphasis on her appearance, which she didn't like). Everyone told her to go on a date with this man, who has the most amazing eyes, wit and heart. But instead she settled for a much less attractive, much less intelligent, non-funny man. (My guess is she figures a guy whom she doesn't think "outranks" her in the looks department is somehow a "safer" bet.)

We women buy into the feminine image that the media foists upon us; I, for one, am damn sick of what money-hungry men (and even some women) tell me how *I* should look. To hell with them! I've had enough interest from men to know that my looks are secondary, even if they initially intrigued someone. It is my intelligence, humor and charm that keeps 'em coming back for more.

Someone said that the less emphasis you put on your appearance, the less others will put upon on. I've found that theory to be very true. If someone continues to worry about how you look, then s/he has deep-seated, personal issues of her/ his own. Period.

Take the power of opinion out of the hands of others and take control of your own life, including how you perceive yourself. We are all beautiful. Is others do not realize that fact, it is their loss....

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The "thin" woman - a product of advertising firms, who also brought forth the value of smoking cigarettes.

I tell you - those marketing firms kill us in many ways!

I care how I feel, not how I look. If you feel good, you look good.