Non animal people!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a niece who has been afraid of cats all her life, I'm not sure why. Anyway when I was in the hospital having just been told I had cancer back in 2005, my sister went to my house while I was in the hospital to take care of my Misty (rainbow angel). My niece, her daughter saw how upset her mom was because of my diagnosis that she went to my house with her mom. She put her fear of cats aside and altho she never befriended Misty, she did come to lose her fear. For me, this was all in the name of love and I knew my Misty was being well cared for. My niece actually cried when I told her Misty was no longer with us, her emotions told me a lot. There is nothing like family.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Could imagine what your friend would have thought if one of my bobcats or cougar stared at her
LOL she might have thought they were thinking..... "LUNCH"

But seriously, a cat staring at you is cute. just tonight, Rusty was staring at me as I ate a bowl of cereal. LOL

thembcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my boyfriend use to think that Ghibli was staring him down when he would come over when I lived with my parents. I admit that Ghibli did have a very high predetory instincts and did tend to look at anything moving as possible food. (he bit through my finger nail once...very painful. Partially my fault but still painful.) He never had any pets besides I think a hamster when he was really little. So he's just not use to the peircing gaze that a lot of cats have. He's not use to the intensity. Now with a cat of our own, he's gotten used to cats but he still insists Ghibli wants to eat him. His mom has some lasting issues with both cats and dogs due some incidents that occured in her family when she was little which made her not want any animals again so she never allowed anything larger than a hamster in the house.
His mom is to super allergic to cats. She thinks it is/was more of a psychological thing because her mom was suffering from some mental issues including some extreme depression which caused the woman to do something that I wish I could subject her to the same cruelty on to her in return. I don't want to get into the nasty details but lets just say it was animal cruelty and my boyfriend's mom (who was 8 years old at the time) had to try to help the cat on her own and lets just say the experience caused lasting emotional and mental damage to her and pretty much from then on she was severely allergic to cats.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She doesn't look scary at all

One of my best friends has never been to my house because of my cats. She's never had a bad experience with cats and she's always said she would never harm one, she just doesn't like them.

She's said a few times if l put the cats in the conservatory she'll come for coffee, but she knows l won't do that and l told her she'd have a long wait

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

She doesn't look scary at all

One of my best friends has never been to my house because of my cats. She's never had a bad experience with cats and she's always said she would never harm one, she just doesn't like them.

She's said a few times if l put the cats in the conservatory she'll come for coffee, but she knows l won't do that and l told her she'd have a long wait
I would be the same way. There are people we know who want to get together at our house but only if we keep the cats out of the way and the dog on the front porch. Um yeah not gonna happen they live here, its their house too and since we dont really like those people all that much anyways we just ignore them.

I think of people saying stuff like that and it makes me think of Dirty Dancing "Noone puts Baby in the corner"...LOL except noone puts my babies in another room.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand it here, I just had a friend over and she went to pet Trout and Trout hissed at her
I just reached over with my foot and pushed Trout over onto the carpet and pet her with my foot in the belly to show my friend that she is all talk though.

Trout makes a great name for cats with her attitude

fluffyratbag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A very good friend of mine once observed that if you don't like animals, you're probably transferring the fact that you probably just don't like yourself.

Which I thought was quite profound.

The ones that Fluffy Ratbag has most fun with are those who don't like cats "because I'm allergic". In his view, they are to be sat on until the tears stop.