Nobody wants Alejandro:(

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everybody:

Ive been trying and trying to find a good home for Alejandro and still nothing. There was a lady who wanted him and I asked her if she was planning to keep him indoors and do you know what she said ? She told me she was going to tie him up and keep him in the yard because her last cat ran away and was killed by a car...can you all believe that??? How can I give her the baby??? never!!!!

Another lady told me she wanted him to be kept outdoors because she wanted him to kill all the mice and rats. Nice home, right??? No way!!

So, we are still waiting for the right home for him. But I'm getting worried, I don't understand why no one else likes him, he is just sooo adorable!!!

I made him a little bow tie to make him look even cuter, here he is:

Tammy

crumbandharvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
THOSE EYES!

He's still a wee bitty thing... I'm sure his perfect furever family will find him soon. Thank you for being such a discerning foster parent -- while I do think cats can be happy outdoors in rural settings, if a kitten is born indoors, it is very hard to transition to an outside life at that age. And he's obviously already spoiled rotten!

Also, you'll have to be careful, with a black kitten and Halloween coming up... I know the adoption center my Crumb came from won't adopt out black cats during the month of October unless you've already adopted from them before.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is just so sad that no one wants that sweet precious little baby : (

That bow you put on him is so, so adorable.
Those sweet little angel eyes

I will tell you what I have found very successful in finding a home for the few cats I have rescued. I went onto petfinder.org (I just checked and there rescue groups in PR, I didnt look by zipcode but putting Puerto Rico in the search) and put in my zip code and pulled up all of the rescue groups in my area. Then I just started either calling or emailing them if they could help me place a cat.

Not everyone answered and not everyone could help, but I did get responses from some that could. They even posted on petfinder for me.

I have made contact with a great rescue group in my area that was able to help me place another kitty.

And I was always the one to screen the potential adopters and decide if they would be suitable for the cat.

Here is the link

http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?...startsearch=Go

Sending lots of hugs that way for that little sweetie for someone to come along and love him forever

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! He's just a adorable as can be! I want him!!! (If only I could take on a kitten.)

Hang in there, the right home will come. Around here it is particularly hard to find homes for black cats. I don't understand why, except that the black gene is dominant, so there are so many. But they are my favorite and I have 3 of them. I find them especially beautiful, exotic, and mysterious. My house is named "Black Cat Cottage."

The red bow is so perfect. You must be looking for a home for him online with this photo? Good for you for turning down the wrong people.

I'm so glad he's with you and you're looking out for him. He's a lucky boy, and his home will be found. I have faith.

Robin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. I think maybe I should be more flexible with the people who call about Alejandro, but I just can't give him to just anyone.

I never thought of the Halloween thing, since I don't celebrate it and I have never liked it, I never thought that could be a problem, thank you so much for telling me about it, I have to be careful about the parents I choose for him.

I listed an add for Alejandro's adoption in a website for people in Puerto rico and when people call I interview them and decide. I will try Petfinder, thank you so much!

Yes I don't understand what is the problem people have with black cats, I love them, in fact I want a black cat, I just can't afford it because of Lucas's health problems.

I will keep looking for a good home for this sweetie.

Tammy

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When you can find a good rescue group to help you get the word out, they have so many other resources of doing that aside from the typical non rescue person.

You are certainly doing the right thing not just giving him to anyone

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Super cutie! But no worries, Wesley and Buttercup were with CAPS forever and were already 4-5 months old when they found me.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much, I have to be patient, there's just not so much help in my area for cats. I know a lady that has a rescue group, but she only helps dogs. I will see what I can do.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly it is because he is black. I have 2 myself that I can not find a home for. I get crazy people wanting mine too. The last person wanted to adopt both of my little black girls and told me that they were going to be indoor outdoor cats, and they were going to declaw them so when they were inside they didn't destroy anything. But because it was going to cost s much to get both of them declawed they were not going to get them spayed. And the one before them wanted them to replace their outdoor cats because the last 4 they had were killed by the neighbors dog. People are crazy thinking I'm going to let them take these cats when they tell me stuff like that.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is darling!! I love black kitties. Alejandro is a lucky little boy to have such a caring foster meowmy making sure that he will have the purrfect loving forever home!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tammy, is there a cragslist for your area of PR? I've never used it, and I know it can be more difficult to weed out potential adopters (asking for a vet reference is a good idea, especially if someone finds you via craigslist), and then delivering him to the home is helpful, rather than having them pick him up... just a thought.

But that little bow is just TOOOOOOOO adorable! And if you use a picture on Petfinder (or craigslist, though I don't know if you can use pictures there), PLEASE use that 2nd picture - the soulful eyes looking right into you!

The purrfect home WILL come for him!

konstargirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww!! He's adorable. Yesterday a man ask m e if I wanted his black cat. He said that he's un-neutered and15 months old! I said only if he's neutered.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes , it is because he is black
I just don't understand why the color is so important to some people, he is such a good baby!

Yes, we have something like craighs list here in PR, and I just hate the fact that you really don't know the people, it drives me crazy. That is the photo I used Laurie, I hope it works

I was excited days ago, because my vet's daughter wanted a kitten, but when she saww he was black, she said no
then she was wanting to adopt henry because he looks siamese, but henry had a family already. You all see what i mean? Some people !

People have been telling em to take him to the shelter, but I'd rather die! That is not a shelter, that is a killing center.

Tammy

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that if i can't find him a home I will have to keep him, I just can't afford taking him to the vet, have him neutred and have him checked for diseases, right now i just can't, all my money is for Luca's treatment right now. I just had to save this kitten, and I will never regret it, but I can't afford to keep him. I will keep praying

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tammy
He is absolutely adorable, just the sweetest little boy
. I am sending tons of vibes that Alejandro gets adopted soon. It sounds as though you might be keeping the little fellow, though. I wish you the best and hope this all works out for you.

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love him!
I would take him in a heartbeat if I lived closer and my dh wouldn't kill me for getting a 7th cat!