NO MORE SUCKY SUCK!

ms kat woods

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kittens are almost 6 months old and they still nurse on their mom and she lets them. Their almost as big as she is. How do I break them of doing this? they have all been fixed so I don't think she is producing milk any more. HELP!!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One fine day, mom will have had enough and will wallop them when they try nursing. Until that day, the only other solution is separation if you can stand the racket. Wallop day and adult teeth usually coincide

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why does it need to stop? Its completely normal. If mum wasn't happy with it she wouldn't allow them to nurse

Kittens I keep will nurse for 6-7 months, my girls just get up and walk away when done they never wallop their kittens

Being spayed doesn't stop milk production either.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept a kitten from a pregnant stray I picked up. She let him nurse for nearly a year. She's a little thing, barely 7 pounds, and he's a huge 15-pounder, LOL. It was a sight. Then one day he either outgrew it or she had had enough and he stopped. It's no big deal really. Why stress them by trying to stop it before they're ready?