No more personal email at work......GRRRR

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try not to surf too much at work. We're not allowed to do anything "streaming" because it sucks the bandwidth so much. I also work for a "City Government" so I try and not do anything that I wouldn't want publicized.

But..they have our computers so locked down that we can't even change the time ourselves!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We (teachers) can use the computer room at school to surf before and after school, and during breaks or study periods, but downloads are taboo. I don't bother, because my home connection is faster, and I don't have study periods or a lunch break (my choice; I'd rather get home earlier). When I'm at work, I'm in the classroom - I've no time for Internet use.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Well, they went to install a program for us to use, and found that our computers were bogged down with viruses and stuff, *spyware* that they had to remove first. (we had virus blockers. don't know why they didn't work) When Neil found that out, he realized we must be on the internet for personal reasons, and sent a memo around saying not to be anymore.
This is how mine crashed the other week, so weve all been told to run a spy check at least once a week, because i'm the 3rd one it's happend to.

The thing is we use the internet for work also, so the guy from the computer company said as soon as you open up the internet you can open up problems, so to be on the safe side i run a complete virus check along with the two spy checkers that i have on my machine as soon as i come in on a morning.