No more cat lovers!!! I am so freakin angry!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just returned home from my history class... i dont know how we got off subject but we started talking about cats... ONLY ME AND ONE OTHER GIRL in the class raised their hands when asked who likes cats... There are OVER 50 people in the class!!!

Everyone else was talking about them being "disposable pets" and whatnot... even saying that the shooting season of them should be nationwide(Like in wisconsin!)

OMG, i was so pissed, that i started grinning to keep from crying. Someone was talking about a stray cat at their house and one guy piped in and said, 'hey i can bring my pit bull over for a while to take care of it'.

I sooo wanted to say something, i was just absolutley speechless.

I am still processing this in my mind... two people out of more than 50 like cats... now maybe i am overreacting, but i think that is an absurd ratio.
Me and this other girl were trying to defend cats and listing off all of the good things about them(which is everything
)

You know i dont even recall half of what was said because i was so irritated that i just stopped listning...

what is wrong with people, cats are animals too!!! i dont see how an animal lover can be a cat-hater!!!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That would really have pissed me off too and I wouldn't be able to let the class carry on without a few choice remarks to the guy with the pit-bull.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How infuriating! You made an excellent point, though. I think most people, if asked, would label themselves an "animal lover". How do they call themselves that, and then hate cats?
When asked why they hate cats, often times they answer, "I'm a dog person". I wasn't aware that you had to choose one, and hate the other?

fat clumsy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dun mind people who hate cats or dog lovers. They got their choice of prefers. But people really get onto my nerve when they start talking about how to bully a cat, or how to get rid of them. Even if you dun like cats, just stay away from them.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really bad

I also hate it when people say they dont like cat's, but what they said....whoa

I would have definately said my piece on that

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try and not let it upset you, just keep thinking that these people were born with a birth defect............no brain!!!

You could always tell them how many there are of us here who could out number them hands down!!

Now thats a challenge i would love!!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe there were some other cat lovers there bt they were too shy to get involved?

people say stupid things all the time for attention, dont let it bother you

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Youre all lucky i dont live in america or own a gun

I would have shot that guy who mentioned with the pit bull.

this is why i like my bf alot, because he doesnt like dogs! But he loves our teufel

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The guy with the pit bull was probably picked on as a child. I bet he's little, probably ugly, or if he's cute, his personality is ugly, for him to say something like that.

People who hate cats do this to upset cat-lovers... or something people are ashamed to admit the like cats, because cats are independent. Dogs are DEpendent. There are animal lovers like most of us here who like both cats & dogs and *have* both cats & dogs (& rats & guinea pigs & rabbits & horses etc.) and then there are close-minded peeps like this pit bull dude.

People who hate cats are missing out on a WHOLE LOT, and it's THEIR loss that they are so close minded... and have closed hearts!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy am I ever glad I wasn't in that class with you. I would have gotten up and walked out but not before saying that I refuse to be surrounded by such hatred and then I would have reported it to the school management. I just don't understand why people think this is an approriate topic. Pretty much so what that guy say in a nut shell is that he would be willing to feed someone else's beloved cat to his dog. I don't know about anyone else but I feel that is a threat to my pets.

Well I have an offer for him, he can do that if and only if I can let my Dad's bull (we own cattle) stomp on him (the guy not the dog) for being stupid. If doesn't like like cats, I get to not like stupid people. People like that shouldn't be allowed to own pets.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

maybe there were some other cat lovers there bt they were too shy to get involved?

people say stupid things all the time for attention, dont let it bother you
I'm also tempted to believe this, too.

What some men will say to prove they are macho. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a big cream puff.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I'm also tempted to believe this, too.

What some men will say to prove they are macho. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a big cream puff.
Regardless of why he said it, he's still a (I can't think of word here that it clean enough for a family friendly site that still encompasses what I think of this guy. So I'll use...) jerk. I just hope someday he falls in love with a girl that loves cats and she hears that he said this and chews him out good then leaves him.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
do you honestly think any woman would fall in love with an a**f***??

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems to me that people who have never owned a cat, take a stance of "hating" them. They really never have a good reason though. All they can come up with are stereotypes, which WE all know are untrue! "Oh they're too lazy," "They're mean," "They're not any fun!" All statements a person could only say if they'd never had one. I also find that men who don't like cats have something to prove. In my opinion, they're grouped in with guys who feel the need to own a GIANT truck on monster wheels, only workout their upper bodies (and leave the lower half to look like chicken legs), and who would NEVER consider getting a facial! Only REAL men can handle cats.

Now, I don't have a problem with dogs! I love many breeds and think they're very sweet. However, those guys making those comments are probably the type of people who need an animal they can kick around, force to do stupid things like drink beer when his buddies are around, and still have the creature stupidly coming back for more. It must make them feel better about themselves to have an animal like that, whereas a cat would crush their oversized egos!

Regardless, those people just sound IGNORANT! Congrats to you for not beating the daylights out of that guy with a pitbull, I don't know that I would have been able to show such restraint.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man Meagan!! What
you have in your class! Too bad none of us were in class with you...they wouldn't know what hit 'em!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to laugh because my nephew has a monster truck (needs a lot of fixing up, tho, and 4 wheelers, and he hunts...) and he has 2 cats! He slept over at our house as a kid and always woke up surrounded by our cats.

He also is concerned with how animals are treated. Just the other day he was driving near his house and saw a guy driving slowly, but with his dog running along side - on a leash! He got the guys plate number and description of the car and reported him to the police. the guy saw my nephew tailing him, so he stopped and got the dog into the car.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why on earth was the teacher/professor letting this conversation go on! Leads me to question his/her teaching of right vs wrong - and their moral fiber all around.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

Why on earth was the teacher/professor letting this conversation go on! Leads me to question his/her teaching of right vs wrong - and their moral fiber all around.
Maybe he wasn't paying attention to the convo? Or it could just be that since it's college you can't really stop people from talking about what they please.