No longer sleeps on bed

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I cleared off my night table and put Zissou's bed on it. It is now her favorite spot ever, she had quit using it where it was, and now she sleeps on the night table all the time. Sometimes while I'm asleep she jumps back and forth from her bed and the chair, which is quite a feat because the chair starts spinning around when she lands

So I guess it's a compromise. I cleaned the sheets again, put the old ones back, invited her up, tried putting treats on the bed, no luck. But she now sleeps within arm's reach of me, so I guess we've reached our stalemate/compromise.

Unless anybody has any other ideas. I think she might just not feel like it anymore as has been suggested. I like "changing the nest" that's a cute way to say it.

I had been meaning to update this thread but if it's not on the first page I never see it. You know, out of sight, out of mind.
I will keep thinking - how often do you change your sheets?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh. Not very often.
I never was the type to wash my sheets every week. That never really affected it before though, she likes dirty things.

I don't take it totally personally that she won't sleep on the bed. It just bothers me that she seems scared by it. It's for totally selfish reasons that I want her to sleep with me! I know that, and I'm not forcing the issue. I'm just trying to encourage her.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Oh. Not very often.
I never was the type to wash my sheets every week. That never really affected it before though, she likes dirty things.

I don't take it totally personally that she won't sleep on the bed. It just bothers me that she seems scared by it. It's for totally selfish reasons that I want her to sleep with me! I know that, and I'm not forcing the issue. I'm just trying to encourage her.
No, that's ok - I though maybe it didn't smell enough like you actually. Mine love our bed clean, dirty and in between so it's hard to know what they really want.