No intrest in cat treats,,,

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, My stray cat Tuffy has no intrest in any kind of cat treats. All the others go nuts when I get them but Tuffy couldn't care less. He is eating and drinking fine other wise. He seems to be real hard to get to change his habits, He eats fine as long as the food dish is where its supost to be, He won't eat a treat say on the bed or take a scrap of food either unless I put it in the food dish. Is he a odd kitty? Tom

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rosie will be anyones best friend as long as she gets a treat from them, but Sophies never entertained them at all.

She'll look interested at first, but then just sniffs at them and walks away

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! My ChiChi never, and she is 16, was interested in treats.She is spoiled so of course i have tried every kind she just isnt into them. She prefers to be rewarded with a little of her favorite wet food though, so maybe if you want to reward him try a small can of tuna or his favorite canned food.As long as he is eating and healthy, active etc... I think he is fine
ChiChi and I send you and your 5 kits lots of kitty love.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spyder won't have anything to do with treats either.....or dry cat food!

Chuckie on the other hand is addicted to Temptations cat treat!

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Tedy likes cat treats...and tidbits of whole grain bread...(No white bread, crusts or toast though)
Toby does`nt like cat treats...but he does like a nibble of the dry kitten food he used to get before he started eating cat food.
they both love a sliver of whatever meat we are eating from time to time too.

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My "middle sister" cat, Cushie, won't touch treats either. The oldest one, Thisbe, will do ANYTHING for treats. lol And the youngest, Marnie, is still recovering from being starved by her former "owner" and so she eats anything that doesn't eat her first. I figure cats are like children -- different personalities, different preferences.

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It took a good while for Emmet and Mabby to warm up to treats......

As for Doofus and Poppy....they would live off of cat milk and treats if they could.........little pigs

avocado

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
one of mine has never eaten treats. he is also the only one of my four cats who will not eat raw food (except for chicken hearts, he eats those happily)... took me a good couple of months to switch him to canned from kibble, too. he loves his kitty kibble.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley likes the Temptations treats, he's addicted too!!
I tried the Pounce treats, but he would rather have Temptations

He eats usually about anything...maybe thats why he's just about 5 lbs and only a little over 2 months old, haha! I have a big kitty on my hands!

As long as he is eating and drinking normally I would think he should be okay, sounds like a few members kitty's here don't like treats either!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Siamese I had growing up was that way.
Wouldn't eat anything unless it was her food, in her bowl.
It actually saved her life.

She used to sun out on the deck, but being a cat, more specifically a Siamese, she hated the construction workers next door and told them about it, frequently.
They tried to poison her with arsenic in raw meat.
It wasn't in her bowl, she didn't touch it.
My dog unfortunatey did.
The dog lived, but she was hospitalized for weeks.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

My Siamese I had growing up was that way.
Wouldn't eat anything unless it was her food, in her bowl.
It actually saved her life.

She used to sun out on the deck, but being a cat, more specifically a Siamese, she hated the construction workers next door and told them about it, frequently.
They tried to poison her with arsenic in raw meat.
It wasn't in her bowl, she didn't touch it.
My dog unfortunatey did.
The dog lived, but she was hospitalized for weeks.
Oh that is just horrible, why are people like that?

emmysamson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Emmy would live off Pounce treats if I let her.
Samson will only eat Whiskas Temptations.
Ranger will come out and act like he really wants one, but when I put it down for him, he'll sniff it and look at me like he doesn't know what to do with it. I have even tried putting it in the food dish, but one of the other cats will come and eat it. I even bought a different kind of treat to offer him, and he still acts the same.
Am I wrapped around their paws, or what??!!

I wouldn't be concerned by your kitty's reaction....they're just like people in that way. Some people love potato chips, while others prefer pretzels, and then you have those people who really don't like any kind of junk food.

Ginger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wasn't really worried about him, I just thought it was odd. I have to drink lactose free milk and the other day I had a bowl of rice crispys and he cleaned up the milk in the bottom of the bowl and he seemed to like it, I didn't give him much because I have no idea if lactose free milk would be bad for him but that is the only time he ate anything other than cat food eccept when he found me while we were camping, he was so thin and sick I had to find something for him to eat so I took some left over chicken and some ham and broke it up in small pieces and he ate that, then we were his new home the whole weekend. After having him here a couple months now he is getting more independent again, he still likes alot of attention from me which makes me feel good. Maybe he acts different from the rest of our cats is because he had to try and survive on his own outside, All the rest of our cats have been house cats since they were small. Tom

shrimplover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But wave a shrimp in Sheba's direction.....well, that is another story.

ShrimpLover

kareemsbuddy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try Whiskas Temptations for a little treat for your kitty. I bought some today and Kareem won't leave the bag alone. He keeps tapping them on to the floor. So cute!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Magnum up until about last year when we bought Temptations home never liked treats at all he would sniff them and walk away - makes me wonder what Whiskas put in Temptations