No Heat!!!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

I actually did not know that kerosene heaters put off Carbon Monoxide... I feel really dumb now.

I use an electric space heater now though, but my mom still uses the one we had when I was a kid. I doubt after so long it poses any more of a danger than it did back then...the basement must be pretty well ventilated.

Thanks for the link, I'm scared to death of having carbon monoxide poisoning though it does seem a very painless way to die, I still wouldn't want it to happen. I'll probably never buy a kerosene heater for my own home now.
I didn't mean to scare anyone, ok, I meant to make others aware because I know I wasn't up untill a year or so ago.

If used properly, they are ok. Just make sure you're aware of the risks, how to use them properly, and have a carbon monoxide detector.

We have a karosene heater in the garage, and have never had a problem with it. We use it if we're working out there, so at times it'll run for 6hrs or longer.

Just be safe, and be aware.

( fairly local to me, I believe it was Christmas 2008, a police family died from carbon monoxide poisoning due to their fireplace..... since then, there's been a lot more education on the topic....it was so very tragic
)