No fever yet has diarrhea, went to vet he gave her Endosorb, antibiotics....

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am under the impression that she is NOW eating Fancy Feast again, and would like to say that the Fancy Feast CLASSICS are not a bad food.  I'm speaking of canned food, not the kibble.  If you are feeding kibble, or anything other than the Fancy Feast CLASSIC line, it's very possible your furbaby is having problems with the wheat gluten or another grain in the food. 
I agree that FF is a pretty good grocery store wet food, and have just read that the FF CLASSICS are grain-free and carageenan free? I did not know this and will definitely look for this type so I can feed this to Maggie instead of the regular stuff which has wheat gluten and carageenan in it.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I am under the impression that she is NOW eating Fancy Feast again, and would like to say that the Fancy Feast CLASSICS are not a bad food.  I'm speaking of canned food, not the kibble.  If you are feeding kibble, or anything other than the Fancy Feast CLASSIC line, it's very possible your furbaby is having problems with the wheat gluten or another grain in the food. 
I agree that FF is a pretty good grocery store wet food, and have just read that the FF CLASSICS are grain-free and carageenan free? I did not know this and will definitely look for this type so I can feed this to Maggie instead of the regular stuff which has wheat gluten and carageenan in it.
Yes, it's so strange that for that one line of food, it's a pretty decent food, and the same price (or less) than their other lines, yet their other lines are (IMHO) horrible foods
.  One of my little ones likes her food really soupy, and right now is on a hunger strike, so it's FF or nothing, and out of desperation I bought a few cans of OTHER than the CLASSICS to see what would happen.  It was so strange, because I always blend up whatever she is eating in the Magic Bullet with some extra water, and even though the non-CLASSICS mix up ok with water, after she takes a few licks, all that's left is almost a powdery substance.  I can't quite explain it, but it's not quite like flour in that if I blow on it it won't blow out of the bowl, but she won't eat it, and if I touch it with my fingers and try to scoop it up on the end of my finger to get her to eat it, it acts like powder
  I'm thinking it's all that wheat gluten left in her bowl

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

like flour in that if I blow on it it won't blow out of the bowl, but she won't eat it, and if I touch it with my fingers and try to scoop it up on the end of my finger to get her to eat it, it acts like powder
How very odd .. I don't think I have seen this with the ordinary FF. I serve the grilled chicken which is chunky with gravy, but will be taking a closer look next time.

I found the following thread where someone was wondering the same thing only they found the powder sitting on top of the food when they opened a can of CLASSICS. Purina's response when they called was that it could be some MOLD? Not good. Here is the link : http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?p=46810

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

like flour in that if I blow on it it won't blow out of the bowl, but she won't eat it, and if I touch it with my fingers and try to scoop it up on the end of my finger to get her to eat it, it acts like powder
How very odd .. I don't think I have seen this with the ordinary FF. I serve the grilled chicken which is chunky with gravy, but will be taking a closer look next time.

I found the following thread where someone was wondering the same thing only they found the powder sitting on top of the food when they opened a can of CLASSICS. Purina's response when they called was that it could be some MOLD? Not good. Here is the link : http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?p=46810
Definitely NOT mold.  This only happens when I mix in water with it in my Magic Bullet to a soupy consistency.  Then what is left in her bowl is the same color as the food, just a powdery consistency

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jacval60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, Fancy Feast(Classic) is good for cats with diabetes also, as told by a website that specializes in cat's diabetes. I was looking for a dry food at Petco that was both reasonable priced and good for senior cats. I found Max Cat for seniors. And started writing down the ingredients to look on line for ingredients I never heard of I found out that soybean oil, which is one of the ingredients in Max cat is considered dangerous for cats, and people. I always knew that soy is not good for people. I read that soybean is in Paint products, and that the Chinese do something to it to make it safe to use in products like Soy sauce.
I also read that Corn Gluten meal is harmful to cats. As per the article down below. I can not understand why they put corn gluten in dry food if it is not good for cats it says it causes Diarrhea in cats. People have said on comments that their senior cats seem to be doing better with Max cat senior. But what is the long time effects of giving your senior cats Soybean oil, and Corn Gluten meal. I mean aren't there people that are allergic to gluten? Therefore cats may be also. They say they use these products not for the cat's health yet to cut costs.
Also for people that have cats that are diabetic they have good herbs on-line that will help, and it is a lot cheaper than insulin. Although a warning, check with vet to diagnose diabetes first. And Note: I thought at first my cat might be diabetic and purchased Blood sugar gold by Pet wellbeing, cause of excessive thirst and hunger and people's comment on Blood sugar gold said it was a miracle, cause they did not have to get insulin which is more expensive. The only thing I found wrong with it is it smells like maple syrup. Those who have cats know that cats will not eat their food if they can not smell it, from having a cold where their nose is clogged. Well cats will not eat their food if it smells funny. My cat would not eat the food when I put Blood sugar Gold in it cause it smelled like maple syrup. The reason it smelled like syrup is cause i looked up the ingredients and one of the herbs it said smelled like maple syrup. And giving it to her with eye dropper she would salivate a lot. Yet there are other herb preparations that do the same job and do not smell. You just have to type in google herbal medications for cats with diabetes. You know God has made all kinds of herbs for what ails us, and our pets. The good thing is that there is no side effects, like prescription medications. I think it is always better before you give your cats anything is to check the ingredients(on-line), especially the ingredients you do not know about. Just to make sure you are not giving your pet something that would hurt in the long run.
Like i just did a search on the anti-biotics my vet gave my cat for diarrhea, cause someone had told me on here that they had gave their cat clavamox(anti-Biotic) and they had a bout of diarrhea with it. I found that Clavamox is giving to cats with wounds, bladder infections and no mention of diarrhea, so therefore it is of no wonder she(17 years Old) is not getting better from her diarrhea. I'm a little upset, cause I had faith in the vet and all he did was make me waste money on anti-biotics even shots, it came to $175 and they said they could not find anything wrong in her stool even though I took her stool in almost like water. And then to find out that those anti-biotics were not supposed to treat diarrhea. And also when I first went in they wanted to charge me $35 for her stool and they could not get any from her so I waited until I can get some at home. Another nurse charged me $25 so it seems the first one tried to over charge me. The first one I did business with when I came in has been there for ages she knew she was over charging me.

http://voices.yahoo.com/corn-cat-food-harmful-cat-8104494.html

jacval60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Something you should know about the manufacturers of Friskies, Fancy Feast, Purina, etc. The name of the company is Nestle, it is a foreign company from I think switzerland, no Sweden. They make people food as well. It is the water I want you to know about. As we speak right now they are draining the Great lakes, You have heard of Nestle water? Well our Government is allowing this. A foreign Country taking all the water from America. Also China is draining the Great lakes also, China's water ways are polluted cause they do not control companies dumping toxic waste in their water ways, I seen a documentary that people(China) farming on the lakes are getting cancer, and to top it off China just made a huge dam and since their water is no good they have to get water from some where. And considering America is in debt to them. I guess American Government has no choice but to let them. I seen how they transport it. They get a real thick plastic bag and transport it by boat. It was a huge one real thick, it must have had over a thousand gallons. I have no choice but to buy their cat food(nestles) I tried to gradually change my cat to the new cat food from whiskus and my cat will not eat it. When the dollar falls and people do not have money to buy water where will we get our water if they keep draining our lakes? Already other Countries will not accept the dollar. So that means it has collapsed just still is accepted in the USA. Also I think you should know the real reason why the Somalia pirates do what they do. For years after war with a neighboring Country they had no Government, This meant that Companies could dump their toxic wastes in their water ways, the Fisher men could not make a living anymore, so they became pirates. Their people were getting sick cause of it, and their was no money for food. Do you know companies have to pay millions for someone to take care of their toxic wastes? Well they found a way for it. And also you should not give your pets tap water, it has fluoride in it. Fluoride comes from a Phosphate company's smoke stacks, they brush all the waste and dump it in our tap water. It used to be the Phosphate company had to pay a lot to dump this toxic waste. All you have to do is google Fluoride and you will see what I'm talking about. I give me cat reverse Osmosis water.

jacval60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just went to petco and bought her Nature Valley instinct and as some NaturVet Anti-Diarrhea, I gave her a can of Fancy feast, roasted chicken(one of her favorite cans) and she took a bite of the roasted chicken and then she went right for the natural valley instinct chicken grain free cat food she liked it. At least I hope, I tried Blue Buffalo she liked it at first then she would not eat it again. I hope she continues to eat it. I bought her some treats called Feline Greenies Smart bites. Digestive care, I heard if a person wanted to get rid of diarrhea they should eat coconut. And this treat has coconut, it also whole wheat,wheat flour, Brewers dried yeast. I will check this out ,yet she would not eat it. My poor cat is so skinny,she only weights 6 pounds, and her hair does not look so good. Her nose is dry. She is grey and white. She likes it when I take her for a walk at 12 midnight when no one is out there. I kind of quit cause she had a tendency to run across the street without me. Then I told her I would not take her until she learned to walk right beside me across the street, and a funny thing happened she did walk right across the street right next me that was about a week after i told her I took her, yet when she wanted to go home she ran across the street before me. She does not like to play that much even with spray cat nip she loses interest after 2 minutes. i bought her that new toy they advertised on TV. You should never call them to order it they talked me into paying more for more speeds. And said you get one free. My cat and my semi-feral cat I feed they were not interested in it, i think it is called cats meow. I gave one to my friend(senior) across street her kitten liked it. Now i have one left oh what a waste of money. Well I guess I was glad someone got use of it. So tell me what your cats like to do?

jacval60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I noticed your question about white powder in Fancy feast and thought it needed a explanation from Purina. So I asked them about the white powder and I'm waiting for their email as to what it is. I told them clearly a loyal customer deserves a logical explanation. I also told them that I took my 17 year old cat to the vet, and that she was giving antibiotics(Clavamox) and endosorb(For Toxins) and they found nothing wrong in her stool and I know if it was her liver causing this her stools would be white. I did take a course in Animal science, so I know some. I also told asked them if the white stuff in Wheat gluten, or corn gluten. And I told them since the vet did not find anything in her stools and she has no fever then clearly it has to be the food. And I tried changing her food gradually and she will only eat fancy feast. You know there is a video on youtube about the dog food Beneful(Purina). I'm sure you have heard of anonymous well one of their friends pit bull was very young and died, they said it was caused by something in that dog food they actually had to euthanize him a day before Christmas. They said that they use some ingredient to break down some of the food. And that ingredient is known to cause kidney failure in dogs. It would be just like giving them anti-freeze. At least that is what their vet said. Beneful is created by Purina, they are a foreign company from sweden, they make friskies, and fancy feast also. And are making money off us Americans by draining one of the great lakes. You can not see them cause they are doing it way up the river of that lake. I also contacted Purina about beneful they sent me to a website praising Beneful and Purina. Yet there was comments from people saying their pets are sick from the pet food. They say the vets ruled out any illnesses, or diseases., so it has to be the pet food.

I have a great ideal, you know about GMO right? They are known to cause liver disease in rats. And sometimes we like to give our pets a little of our people food, and do to the fact that our pets food could be made with GMO's . Can you imagine our pets eating those GMO's ? Since they are smaller it could really harm them. Well since Connecticut has a law for manufacturers to label all GMOs it is the only state to do it. The people of Connecticut can tells everyone in the USA, which foods are clearly labeled as GMO's.

Well as soon as I get the answer about the white powder on Fancy feast I will let you know.