No fair!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

awww we'll all be your valentine susie!!!
(and to make you feel better-i'll probably be working the entire darn day
that's the joy of being a florist on the busiest day of the year in the flower industry)
Oh yeah Nikki, you will be so busy, that's for sure. Before Dad died, he delivered flowers and on Valentines day, we never saw him!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be thinking about you on that day.

My husband works offshore in Louisiana, he works 7 gone and then he is home for 7 days.

He has always done this, so missing Holidays and stuff is no big deal to me. I am used to it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm single, so count me in!! I'll even lend you my "boyfriend" for the night. He's buff, sneezes a lot, sometimes has a runny nose, is big on kissing fingers, has a chip outta one ear, & likes to stick his head up shirts! What more could you ask for in a man!?!?
forward little guy, eh?

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll definately join the pitty party! Patrick is in our hometown monday afternoons thru thursday evenings for his classes, so since V day is a wednseday, he wont' be here.
And I was so excited since its our first Valentine's since we got engaged.
Oh well...hopefully we can celebrate thursday or friday night.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the best thing about partners being away for Valentines is..................they have to do something really, really nice to make up for it

Its a bummer, I´d be fed up too, cos well its my wedding anniversary as well

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh yeah Nikki, you will be so busy, that's for sure. Before Dad died, he delivered flowers and on Valentines day, we never saw him!
Yup-it's always non-stop for florists and delivery men! But i tell you what- that one day of the year makes a massive profit for a shop that goes on to support the entire shop for a large sum of the year- so it's worth it
/ Also- if you can't spend Valentines with Jerry- just do what i do. Valentines is only one day of the year- but who says you can't celebrate it a little late
When I know i'm going to be swamped all day in flowers....and Colin might be working- i don't stress out over it. Instead..we plan to celebrate it eithor early or late....and have a blast doing what we normally would on Valentines day
This year i'm planning on taking him to one of my favorite resturants downtown off of Maine Street.
(right by beale street). It doesn't have to be celebrated on that day for it to be special!
It can be celebrated at any time and be nice for both of you
I've gotten used to never having a Valentines day off- so for me- celebrating it a day early or late doesn't bother me too much
Besides- isn't it just another day to show your love and appreciation for your SO? You can do that any time

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He got his confirmation today. He's supposed to leave late on teh 12th, and be back late on the 14th!! I might get to see him for a minute on Valentines day anyways!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You bet........the more the merrier!!