No Bowl Feeding System - Thoughts?

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm currently feeding a mostly raw diet but I do want to give my cat mental exercise. I was thinking of using this with some sample kibble I was given (I don't feed kibble at all now). But I wonder if it'll upset my cat's stomach since I know the acidity level of his stomach will be different than usual (with his raw diet)... Or am I better off with the catit treat ball?

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get paid next friday, so I might get some then (depending on all those adulting things I need to do). I think its an interesting idea. My cats prefer the softer toys over things like plastic balls with bells in them, anyway, and the place I live in is small so they do need more enrichment.

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was thinking of this, too. But from the experience I have with cats who liked their food too much, they still eat it all right away. They just keep pushing the thing until it's empty. It didn't help with my obese, diabetes-prone cat, same with one of my friends' obese young cat who would do the same--play with it for an hour until it was empty.

Bottom line is: IMO, it's good to keep fit cats busy if they like it and if you have the right kibble for it

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried several different cat treat dispensers but Keith always rolls or shoves it to the nearest wall and then repeatedly bashes it against the baseboard until all the treats fall out. He gets no exercise from it and the other cats never get a chance to try it. :doh: