No bake cat treats

crawlingdolphin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went to a lot of pet supply stores and the department store today hoping to find cat treats for Chopin since I want something to bribe him, especially when the time comes that I need to introduce him to bathing. I wasn't able to find any since most of the products they're selling are intended for dogs. I wasn't able to get hold of a cat shampoo either, just my luck. So I was thinking of ordering catnip  online and making the treats myself, that way I'd be able to save more money and to experiment on the things he likes on a treat. But most treat recipes online requires baking, and we don't have an oven. So I would like to know if there are no bake cat treats that I can make? Thanks in advance.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poach chicken in plain water until just cooked. Shred or cut the meat into pieces and serve
The leftover cooking liquid in the pot can be used as "broth". Add to canned food or give with a treat of cooked chicken. Freeze leftover chicken in the liquid for later treats.

Catnip could be sprinkled over the chicken just before serving.

Many cats will eat raw chicken or other meats, too. Some people like to give their cats raw chicken gizzars and hearts and liver and even chicken neck bones and wing bones as treats or for dental health.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crawlingdolphin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Poach chicken in plain water until just cooked. Shred or cut the meat into pieces and serve
The leftover cooking liquid in the pot can be used as "broth". Add to canned food or give with a treat of cooked chicken. Freeze leftover chicken in the liquid for later treats.

Catnip could be sprinkled over the chicken just before serving.

Many cats will eat raw chicken or other meats, too. Some people like to give their cats raw chicken gizzars and hearts and liver and even chicken neck bones and wing bones as treats or for dental health.
Thanks for the tip. :) Regarding the bones, wouldn't it damage their internal organs if they were able to accidentally swallow a small piece of the bone? Especially if they like to tinker with the bones more.. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks for the tip. :) Regarding the bones, wouldn't it damage their internal organs if they were able to accidentally swallow a small piece of the bone? Especially if they like to tinker with the bones more.. 
That's only a problem with cooked bones. Cooked bones are soft so they splinter very easily. Raw bones are safe for a cat to gnaw on but always supervise the cat and remove the bone if it appears to be a problem.