Nj Ny Pa Dental Care For Strays & Ferals, Anyone?

Electronicat77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Northern NJ here. We've been sterilizing street cats for the past 5 yrs, but have just run across an issue w teeth/gums on this last stray. He's a sweetie pie so handling him isn't a prob. What I'd like to ask you folks is if there is such a thing as low cost dental, and/or just a vet recommendation who would give us a break w street cats and their mouth health :) Thx!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry that I cannot help you out. I would suggest calling around to vets in your area and see what they can recommend. I live in Central Ohio and we have such a place that is low cost and takes ferals. Yet appointments are 2-3 months out.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree. Also call rescues and shelters to see if they have vets who can help. Sometimes they can offer you a break if they are aware of the rescue work you do on your own.

You may want to try applying for a Care Credit card. Vets take them and you pay it off in small monthly installments.

Here is a link:

CareCredit Application | Healthcare Financing

Thank you for helping these poor street cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Electronicat77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree. Also call rescues and shelters to see if they have vets who can help. Sometimes they can offer you a break if they are aware of the rescue work you do on your own.

You may want to try applying for a Care Credit card. Vets take them and you pay it off in small monthly installments.

Here is a link:

CareCredit Application | Healthcare Financing

Thank you for helping these poor street cats!
Awesome! Thanks for the info :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see that it’s about 75 miles between the two counties. I can look for something closer.

I’m in sunny Florida! 84 degrees today! :)