Nile's Journey

Silver K

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow feline lovers,

I'm Silver! I'm the proud mum of three boys - Nile, Sylvester, and Machete. I've had Nile for 16 years and he's the last one standing of my original trio. I always thought he would be the first to go with all his past medical issues but he's a tough little guy.

In December 2021 he was diagnosed with kidney disease. My vet said that he would live another 2 to 3 years... With a prescription diet he's still doing very well. A full physical last month showed that he's still at stage 2 kidney disease, where he was over a year ago. Everyday he's still here with me is a good day! I love him so much.

Sylvester and Machete are both rescues, I got Sylvester in 2020, he will be 4 in April, and I adopted Machete in August 2023, he's around 5. Machete was a last minute rescue under special circumstances. I told myself I never wanted three cats again but here I am with my three boys!

My reason for joining is to have a place to talk to others that appreciate cats as much as I do. And to share Nile's journey with his battle. Maybe it can help someone down the road.
Thanks for reading :gingercat2:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
cute-cats-fence-saying-hello-illustration_77984-488.jpg
Silver, Nile, Sylvester, and Machete and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
graphics-welcome-378144.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We do hope that Nile will get stronger and we want you to know that we are with him :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Do post photos of your kitties for us to see! :camera::camera::camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum sand do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A BIG TCS welcome to you, Niles, Sylvester and Machete! Such lovely cats they are! You've come to exactly the right place for learning, sharing what you know, making like-minded friends, having support in the bad times AND a cheering section in the good ones. I made the rounds of a lot of cat forums back in the day, and was astounded by the backbiting and narrow-mindedness of so many of them. Then I stumbled in here and found a home, a real community of people who, no matter their differences, come together for the good of cats. And we're so happy you have found us, as well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver K

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellocomputer:

What beautiful boys, thanks for sharing the photos. :clapcat:
Thank you and you're very welcome!
That's wonderful that Nile is still doing so well. I hope he still has lots of healthy days ahead of him. :vibes:
Thank you! I really hope so too. I had a tech at my regular vet tell me in December 2022 that he would be dead in a month or so. She seemed annoyed I was even bothering to treat him. She was so bitter, I'm glad she was wrong and that she no longer works at that clinic.
:welcomesign:TO TCS
Silver K Silver K it's nice to meet you
Nile,Sylvester & Machete are darling......Blessings & prayers for Nile❤
Thank you!
Welcome to TCS Silver K Silver K ! Great pics of your three lovely cats.
Thanks! They are very photogenic!
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Beautiful photos of 3 gorgeous cats. :catlove:
Thank you very much! :happycat:
A BIG TCS welcome to you, Niles, Sylvester and Machete! Such lovely cats they are! You've come to exactly the right place for learning, sharing what you know, making like-minded friends, having support in the bad times AND a cheering section in the good ones. I made the rounds of a lot of cat forums back in the day, and was astounded by the backbiting and narrow-mindedness of so many of them. Then I stumbled in here and found a home, a real community of people who, no matter their differences, come together for the good of cats. And we're so happy you have found us, as well!
I've tried a few and I found the same about the narrow-mindedness. The only place that was decent was r/cats but to be fair I've always preferred a forum-style social media. I'm glad I found this forum and I have a feeling I will like it here!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I love the pic in your user name, (very clever).:cool2: We hope to see more pics of Nile, Sylvester and Machete. They are a dynamic trio.:redcat::bigeyes::bicolorcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver K

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I love the pic in your user name, (very clever).:cool2: We hope to see more pics of Nile, Sylvester and Machete. They are a dynamic trio.:redcat::bigeyes::bicolorcat:
Thank you. I will post as many pics as I can without being overwhelming!