Nikita photos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the comments everyone
cats really are masters of being comfortable.

Here's a new batch of photos. I got her a new scratching post thing that she quite likes even though it's a bit too small so she doesn't really fit in the "tunnel" part of it.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really enjoy the moments you capture of Nikita. The image quality is fantastic!
Wish you lived closer, I'd hire you to take photos of my cats for my website.

I thought I did a pretty good job, but you're clearly more talented than I am!

Keep 'em coming.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I really enjoy the moments you capture of Nikita. The image quality is fantastic!
Wish you lived closer, I'd hire you to take photos of my cats for my website.
I would *love* to be able to come over and photograph your cats. Unfortunately I'm in the wrong country and on a different continent. Although if I'm ever in the neighbourhood (quite unlikely for atleast the next 2 years or so) I will come knocking!

I really enjoy taking photos of cats and now most of my photos are of Nikita since she's a readily available model and quite experienced by now. Heh.. I've gotten better with practice though. Now when I look back at the kitten pictures I have of her I see flaws everywhere (in the photography, not her
)

btw if your camera is a SLR one, i.e where you can put new lenses on I really recommend getting a F1.8 50mm prime, those lenses are really sharp and relatively cheap as well. Pretty much all my better cat photos are taken with my trusty 50mm lens. It's very fast as well so I can get away with not using the flash a fair bit which always helps.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My goodness! What can I say that hasn't already been said? Nikita is a glorious cat. She got more than her fair share of beauty.
What lovely, rich, colors.. An artist could just go wild in painting her, especially with oils.

I do have one question for you.. do you clip her claws? They are so lovely, but in every picture they're LONG! It only adds to her beauty.
I've let my kitties' claws go for a few weeks, and in a couple days hopefully I can do a nice long photoshoot with them. I love claws..

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noludoru

I do have one question for you.. do you clip her claws? They are so lovely, but in every picture they're LONG! It only adds to her beauty.
I've let my kitties' claws go for a few weeks, and in a couple days hopefully I can do a nice long photoshoot with them. I love claws..
I do monitor her claws and I snip the very ends off if they get long enough to start really snagging in things and I make sure they don't curl around into her paws or anything like that. I don't cut them very often though. I like them long, even if that means I'll bleed a bit extra sometimes.

Another photo, I'd forgotten to put this one in in the last post. I like it because it shows off her spots quite well. Her undercoat is quite dark for a bengal now, it's been facinating to see her darken as she's matured. Her spots are inky black though so they still show up well fortunately. In photos taken with flash she can look quite different but this one captures quite well her colour when you see her live.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will say again and again, she is just gorgeous and you are lucky to have such a beauty!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're pictures always look professional!!!! You must have a really nice/expenssive camera! Those words always seem to go together don't they.... nice and expenssive.

I just love her colors!!! What a pretty pretty cat!!!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EnzoLeya - I've got a Nikon D50. It's a reasonably expensive camera but it's still a pretty good deal for a DSLR, especially now that it's not the newest model.

Two new photos:

Could a cat have some privacy please, I'm busy!

Hey there

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked the camera up.....wow, no wonder it takes good pictures, it better!
I just love all the pictures of your baby. She's really amazing! How she jumps!!! She looks very wild!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm catching up on the awesome photos of the beautiful Nikita. Been a bit behind but wanted to add my oohs and ahhs! Lovely, as always!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few new photos,

She's very occasionally a lapcat. Spent hours asleep in my lap today. I didn't complain.

Chillin' on her pillow

Snoozing, you can see her glitter a bit on the top of her head.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww more great pics! I love how you keep posting pics of her, shes so beautiful

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some more pics of her of a trip outside. I'm just back from Paris now, I took these before I went but got too busy to post until now. I'll have some new photos soon.

Not too happy about being picked up to be put into the cat carrier to go bacck inside. That's one great tip I was given for taking cats outside. She always goes outside through the cat carrier and doesn't try to dart through the doors at all. It's a friend of mine picking her up there. I'm behind the camera

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

I clicker train Nikita and the last thing we were working on was jumping between two chairs. It's going rather well.

She was also helping friends of mine plan their journey.

Then hiding "invisible" in ambush

Boom!