Nighttime With My Kitten

Joseff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a kitten named Angie and she is wonderful. The only problem comes with nighttime. I care a lot about raising her correctly and want to have the opportunity to bond with her while I sleep. However... When she comes to bed with me half the time she snugglea and sleeps. The rest the time she scratches or bites any part of me that moves beneath the blankets. Thoughts? She is locked out of mt bedroom foe the night tonight.

Pumpkinbar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Put her on a feeding schedule that requires her to eat at least 2 hours before bedtime. And kittens are like kids, they needs lots of attention and playtime, so.. Wear. Her. Out. Play with her after dinner until she just cant go anymore. That way come bedtime she should be ready to sleep through at least the majority of the night with you.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, giving her a nice play for 20-30 minutes before bed, along with a feeding, will help her to sleep better.

She will also outgrow this phase in a few months. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Joseff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! I want to do right by her and also help her become the best kitty she can. I will try this and be patient for the next few months.