Night time crazies

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
[/IMG]

This ball is the source of our "midnight crazies". I call it the soccer game. Every night, shortly after we go to bed, Nermal starts a soccer match, with himself, on and off the bed with this ball. It starts up again around 6am.
In my opinion, it is super cute and sort-of relaxing. If it gets too frantic, I will hide the ball under my pillow until the next night.
Nermal is so light footed, plus he makes no vocal sounds when playing, that it doesn't really bother me as I like to know he is having fun.
I am however thankful that his brother, Fred (nicknamed "Heavy Paw")doesn't participate as he is never quiet.
The two cats do a lot of running up and down stairs, play fighting and knocking over furniture in the later evening. Luckily this doesn't usually occur after 11pm.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see

1) We randomly start to want to play
2) We meow at absolutely nothing (stormie)
3) We start to pounce on each other
4) We start to chase each other all through my room taking anything thats in their way including the curtains
5) Jumping and hiding on me while playing
6) We want to play with the guniea pigs and rabbit (stormie, but thats becomeing an all the time thing adn I came never take my eye off of her)
7) We climb up the bed usually under the covers (stormie doesnt jump on the bed she climbs it)
8) we sleep in random places and move me the mommy all over the place sometimes half way off the bed, or they are under the covers and surprise me in the morning when I stratch and accidently hit or kick someone because they were hidden
9) And some of the stuff I just dont know, I wake up with random scratchs all the time not that much recently tho thank goodness, but my kitties are always sleeping and get really hyper at night and i try to switch their schedule and I did somewhat they are just really early birds that drive me nuts in the morning with meowing for different reasons !!!

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Astrid gets the crazies too, but I seem to be able to sleep through most of it now. I had to remove EVERYTHING off the top of my bureau (perfume, jewelry box, any and all random girl stuff) because her favorite night time crazy thing was to knock them over (crash, bang etc.). However, now that the bureau top is cleared, when she wants to be bad, she gets a hold of the drawer pulls and BANGS, BANGS, BANGS until I get up. Grrrrrr.

But every morning, between two and three AM, I get woken up by a big THUD with her jumping on the bed and depositing a wet toy on my head. She then proceeds to head butt me to move over so she can get under the covers and get in the warm spot where I was laying. And I do it! When I get up in the morning, there are toys everywhere and blankets pulled off and all sorts of evidence that she was VERY busy during the night!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

If it gets too frantic, I will hide the ball under my pillow until the next night.
LOL I have to do this sometimes with Saki's toy mice (the ones that rattle). He will start playing with one on the bed like crazy in the middle of the night, because he wants me to throw it for him
and in the middle of the night that 'rattling' sound is like magnified like 100%

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, good post!

Spike and Leo usually start their crazies at about 8pm. We live in a raised ranch, so our house is a long, rectangular shape. The living room is at the north end, and my room is at the south end. They will chase either other, VERY loudly, up and down the length of the house, in loops. They do a bank turn at each end, using the recliner as their launch pad in the living room, and their cat tower as the other launch pad in my room. They will do this over and over! We've gotten quite used to it