Nicknames

mamasquishy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most people have a hard time saying my name which is pronounced Chalet. (Like a cabin in the mountains.) But, I hate being called Sha or Lay etc. When I was in highschool I was called Kosmo by my best friends (I have it tattoed on my arm) Then I was called Tinkerbelle or Tink for a long time because I am always Tinkering with something or always in trouble
Now, I am called Mama Squishy or just Mama because of Finding Nemo when Dori finds a pet jelly fish and names it Squishy. Until we decided on a name for the baby, thats what we all call the baby, Squishy (hence Mama Squishy) and Jerry is Papa Squishy. The baby is gonna catch it when he gets bigger lol.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so funny! When my daughter was pregnant, my granddaughter refused to show that she was a girl during a sonogram, so she was our little Squishy until sonogram #5 finally showed us she was a girl.

I am also Rebecca, but a lazy first grade teacher decided 3 syllables was too much for her, and changed it to Becky, which I always hated. Over the years it has been mostly Becky, until massage school where I used Rebecca, then people started using Becca, which I like, so I still use it. I have an adult name, finally, in my 40s. Better late than never, I guess.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I've never had a nickname. Jana (short a) didn't lend itself to anything. It has been butchered like Jan's with Jane, Johnna, Joanna, Janet, Yana, Jana (with a long a). I had one teacher who never could get it right so I became Miss Morris for the semester.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm.. lets see... Red (red hair) Strawberry Shortcake, Miss Piggy (I have a button nose) Leesha (It's Alycia.Pronounced AH-LEE-SHA)... DH calls me Lee-Lee or Minnie Mouse... (my eyes are so brown they're black) My grandaddy called me Baby-Girl...and dad to this day calls me "Girl"... I swear he still thinks I'm 13 and he's forgotten my name

We call Justice "Bubba" and his nickname when he was a baby was Peanut because he was so tiny (not now, thats why we call him bubba
) and Deacon is "Deac, Deaky, Little D" his nickname was butterball or turkey because he was born the night before thanksgiving in 2001... at the exact time mom and I would have been putting the turkey in the oven

xangelicxnekox

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Parents and relatives on my mom's side call me Missy.
Infact, when parents actually say my real name (Myeisha), it
sounds unfamilar to me.