Nicknames for your pets?

kittymom4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who "talks" to their cats in a baby voice!
It's glad to have other people admit to it! But you would HARDLY be the only person talking to your cat like that! Count me in!!!

However, I'm glad to find so many other people who have kitty nicknames! I don't think what may cat's actual names are even matters at this point! We call them by their "other names so much!

Grace: Gracie, Doodle, Doodle Bug, Doodle Butt, Baby Doo, Sassy

Lexie: Lex, Lexie Jane( her middle name) Jane, La La, La La J, Lollipop, Cha-Cha, Cha-Chi, Ya-Ya, Sissy,Princess, Princess Pea (the child loves to sleep!)

Simon: Si, Si-Si, Handsome, Handsome Man, Superman(he climbs everything), My Big Boy

Buddy (our dog): Buddy Bear, Buddy Lou, Lucifer, Senior Dip
or just Senior

snazzi33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Keiran- Babyboy, Fuzzbutt, Baby Kitty, Momma's Boy

Lillith (though we just got her)- Little girl, Lee-Lee, Sweetpea, and Babygirl

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Utu has lots of nicknames, he understands that I only want something from him if I use his real name, the others are just for greetings, cuddling and general talk. Few examples: Uzi, Uzi Mau, Sensei Utu, Uhu (the owl), cheap woman, roadkill..

Kuura: Hello Kuura, seal cub (kuutti in finnish), polar bear (jääkarhu in finnish), arctic/snow fox (naali in finnish), lump (möykky in finnish), meatloaf (mureke in finnish)..

Tomu: Tomu Mau, Tomultrus, Tomudeus I, Tomurder, Ed (the hyena from lion king), Zed (a guy from police academy movies), Silly boy

Luna: Well, Luna is her nickname, Lunazi, Nazi (
), Cotton Candy (hattara in finnish), Fluffy, 'You are so tiny', and sometimes she gets to hear her real name Dascha.

I need to use certain voice to make them realize that I'm talking to them instead of about them, or if I want them to come to me etc. Otherwise they'll just look at the person mentioning their name but will not do anything if the name is not said in a specific tone.

(Most of their nicknames are finnish but I wrote them in english here so you'll know what they mean).

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Peanut gets called "Goober", "Goob", "Goo-bar", and of course-- "get out of my way before I fall down the stairs!"

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy: Ted, Bear, Beary-Bear, Squeaky, Lazy Butt, THEODORE! (Gotta bring out the formal name when he's in trouble)

Milo: My-My, Milo-My, Old Man, Dirty Butt, MILO M. MY! (So, yeah... I had to improvise on his in trouble formal name. lol)

smiffygans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Peek-a-boo is Peekers, Peekiweeki, and Handsome.

Ernie is Evil E. Tubbo. Fat Cat. or Fat Ernie. (He's a bit on the chunky side, obviously.)

And Gnash is Mr. Bitey or Piranha. (I'm sure you need no explanation here, he's eight weeks old.)

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I refer to the general collection of all my cats as "booboos." I also call them "booboo" individually when petting them or calling to them. When I'm coming in the door, I kiss up the stairs and say "Hi booboos!"

Simon doesn't have any cute nicknames yet, lol! Hard to shorten "Simon." Garfunkel is Funky, Funk, and Funk-funk (I know, right, SO CUTE!
hahaha!).

They also have nicknames that include profanity which I can't mention here
Think jack"butt" and the like
These I like to say in a singsongy voice so they don't know the difference!
I am sick & twisted, I tell ya!