Nickey no cuddles

mickey mouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I'm Mickey and I am having behavior problems with my kitten Nickey. I'm open to any suggestions, he won't cuddle with me yet he will meow and attack the doors when I'm not there. He is only 1 year old, will it go away as time does or Wil it just be his personality

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some cats are more independent, and no matter how domestic they become they are not cuddlers.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our old cat was never a cuddler until she was like five or six years old and then only rarely. By the end of her life at 17 years she was far more willing to cuddle than she ever was in her first ten years of life. Her personality changed multiple times during the course of her life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mickey mouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! You guys have some.... interesting stories. Um....yeah.... soo. I got nutin now.... :)

mickey mouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
see he'll cuddle with my daughter but he won't cuddle with me. Why is that? I barely bother him other than feed him. Why won't he cuddle with me and will with my daughter

mickey mouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She doesn't take as many showers as I do. But she does use this perfume.... maybe I don't know....he hates my 5 year old son

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may not like the smell of the soap.  My cat will only lay on me after I've been to the gym.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may just have bonded a little better with her. Try wearing a sweatshirt she has worn, and see if that helps.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had this happen with my daughters cats. When I got them new cats/kittens, I wouldn't mess with them so they would bond with my daughters. I only put out their dry food which they had available all day. It don't matter what I did, the cats/kittens ended up bonding with me. I would put them on my daughters laps, in their rooms with them and anything else to keep from giving them attention. In the mean time, my daughters would lavish them with attention, playing, cuddles, brushing them and nothing would work.

I come to the conclusion that the cats choose who they want to be with and we just have to deal with it.

They would accept my daughters attention but when it came time to lay down and sleep or cuddle it was always with me, unless I locked them out of my room.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you stroke and pet him? You must so he knows you love him.
My two cats, mine, have attached themselves to my ex!!!!! I'm surprised my eyes haven't turned green. It's so unfair. Sigh!
Hurtful isn't it?