Nice Home Remedy For Conjunctivitis That Is Working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rox_tobs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everybody, great information on this thread, I hope it’s still active... I’m a little desperate and I’m hoping to find some advice here, my furry baby Toby is having a superficial eye ulcer, which initially was diagnosed as conjunctivitis by two vets; the third Vet confirmed it’s an eye ulcer (you can actually see it in a good like, it’s tiny luckily). Last vet gave us neomycin polymyxin b sulfates and bacitracin zinc usp ointment, which we’ve used for about two full days and his left eye got really bad, with swollen inner eyelids, upper and lower, and mucusy-like discharge. Has anyone had this issue? And I know it might sound crazy, but did it work using the tea (Black? Chamomile?) on a cat with an eye ulcer? I don’t know if it’s me losing patience and wanting these antibiotics to work well from the first moment, but I hate seeing him suffer like this and am willing to try anything just to get him back to normal. Thank you! Also, has anyone tried terramycin for this issue? Does it work? Much, much appreciated!

Angleyezzzzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most times with an eye issue it gets worse before it gets better. The neo Poly bac it the a typical for this issue. But I have been told that it should not be petroleum based or it could make things worse. Not sure about that with an ulcer but I know that was the case with a ruptured eye ball. I have been told that they can now take blood for the kitty and make a serum by spinning it down to help with these type issues. But I have never had experience with it in my cats. I have only seen it used in goats and horses. I hope your baby gets better.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE: Always check with a qualified veterinarian before changing your cat's course of treatment or trying a new treatment. Please remember our forum rules:
Discussing various options is encouraged and you may share your experience including details about what kind of medication was administered and dosage. However, do not suggest to another member that they should change anything in the course of treatment prescribed by their vet without first consulting with a qualified veterinarian.

Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.