Niagra Falls

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is always spectacular there.
My favourite time we went was in one very cold winter. The town was empty and half deserted, and all the trees near the falls were covered in a thick layer of ice. The falls were half iced over, to give you an idea of how cold the winter was! It was amazing.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

My favourite time we went was in one very cold winter. The town was empty and half deserted, and all the trees near the falls were covered in a thick layer of ice. The falls were half iced over, to give you an idea of how cold the winter was! It was amazing.
I love going when it is like that, it is so pretty

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my SIL was co-anchor of the morning show at CH TV, we attended the New Year party at the falls every year. The lights were fantastic and in full glory for New Year's Eve. It was great and even better for us as we got to hang out backstage and use the nice heated CH trailer which came with constantly replenished snacks and treats.
After the show we got to go to the chosen hotel ballroom for a buffet dinner at 1 in the morning with the TV crew and the performers.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pics. When I was young, I think I was on Niagara Falls overload. Every summer we would go there when family visited us. I was really sick of the place and felt like a neverending tourist.

Originally Posted by pushylady

I was on a blind date one time and there was nothing to do in Toronto. So, he said "Why don't we drive to Niagara Falls?". I said sure (
) and we drove there in the middle of a cold winter night.

Yes, it was wonderful with all the lights, snow, mist but I was sooo tired!! That was the longest blind date I was ever on!