NHL Hockey

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

I'll have to let my fiance know about Abi and the attitude thing. He'll be interested in hearing about that. He really likes Abischer.
I wouldn't hold it against him too much. I don't think he appreciated having to compete for the #1 spot with Budaj, and then when they brought up Kolesnik for a while and he put both Abi and Budaj to shame for those few games...well, I don't think Abi liked that much either. Maybe it was a conflict with Quenneville and how he went about choose the #1 goalie. Maybe not, too.
Roy had major attitude with Montreal before he was traded to us, and he fit perfectly with this team.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I wouldn't hold it against him too much. I don't think he appreciated having to compete for the #1 spot with Budaj, and then when they brought up Kolesnik for a while and he put both Abi and Budaj to shame for those few games...well, I don't think Abi liked that much either. Maybe it was a conflict with Quenneville and how he went about choose the #1 goalie. Maybe not, too.
Roy had major attitude with Montreal before he was traded to us, and he fit perfectly with this team.
We had that problem with Irbe. He was great but then he started running really cold. He also was sharing about 50% with the backup so not really #1 anymore. Finally our backup (Weekes) got better and Irbe didn't get anymore playing time and he did the "Play Me, Or Trade Me" bit. Fans and team were not happy. Then sent him down to lower league after clearing wavers. He was not happy. Now he plays for Latvia and I saw him during the Olympic parade. He seems pretty happy to not be in the NHL anymore (some comments he made). He was my fiance's fav because he likes goalies so it was a bit irksome when the attitude started up.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Yah the Bruins are my #2 team. But they seem to have run out of steam this year. I really like Raycroft. Is he still with the Bruins?
Yes he is, but hasn't been doing very well this year.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DRIVEN

Jeremy Roenick is my favorite player. Back when he was a Coyote my dad got me on of their third jerseys of his for Christmas. Not too long after that he got traded to Philly.

I still have the jersey hanging in the sports room though.
I also have a Kapanen jersey and he's in phili now. Ugh. I can't win. The next jersey I get will probably be Bret Hedican. He's my favorite defensemen and I don't have any D jersey's.

I'm really upset we don't have Hill anymore. I really liked his style of D. Rough and tough, but good when it counts!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
valanhb - I have family that lives in Lakewood. Two uncles actually. I used to live in Loveland and Longmont. Quite a bit of family in that region though.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

valanhb - I have family that lives in Lakewood. Two uncles actually. I used to live in Loveland and Longmont. Quite a bit of family in that region though.
Small world! I grew up in Ft. Collins, so I'm pretty familiar with Loveland.

The only jersey I have is Peter Forsberg. I thought he would retire with the Avs. I regret not getting a Adam Foote jersey before he was traded to Columbus. Sure wish we would get him back! Hubby has a Roy jersey, which he is quite proud of.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Small world! I grew up in Ft. Collins, so I'm pretty familiar with Loveland.

The only jersey I have is Peter Forsberg. I thought he would retire with the Avs. I regret not getting a Adam Foote jersey before he was traded to Columbus. Sure wish we would get him back! Hubby has a Roy jersey, which he is quite proud of.
I have a cousin in Ft. Collins. I miss the mountains...I mean REAL mountains. The smokies are nice, but you haven't seen mountains unless you've seen the Rockies or Alps

I like Adam Foote too. I had him on my fantasy team last season.

miamispartan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Follow the Florida Panthers (was a season ticket holder for 3 years). Also follow the Sens, Leafs, Flames, Canucks, Black Hawks.
Have two Panther's jerseys (Van Beisbrook from the Stanley Cup year of 96), and Bure navy alternate from a few years back. Also have a Sens road jersey, and a Canucks' home navy jersey...

Panthers are making a late surge for the playoffs, but they may fall just short...

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from the game. We had 49 shots and 1 goal. Needless to say, as one little boy put it as we left the arena:
"The 'Canes Got embarrased!"

Yah Washington got like 28 shots and 5 goals. Cam Ward (our backup goalie) didn't do so well on odd-man rushes tonight.

The thing is, it wasn't a bad game! We weren't playing poor at all... In previous seasons we would get a lot of shots but they were fluff shots. These were 49 quality shots!! We couldn't buy a goal! That goalie (Johnson) had us beat! Ugh...

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wrapped up the President's Trophy last night.

Now we need to keep it going in the playoffs!!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are battling with Ottawa for the conference. I'm not sure we can do it... We have a lineup of teams that are still trying to get a playoff spot so its not going to be easy.

We lost in overtime last night ugh.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hurricanes go on to the Eastern Conference finals!!!!

This is going to be tough...Buffalo is really good....

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hockey isn't what it used to be - too much fighting now.

We have a (half serious) joke here that goes something like this - "We went to a fight and a hockey game broke out".

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe I've been to games like that too. Actually in previous seasons we were always a tough team but this year we traded our enforcer and don't relie on the physical aspect of the game. Buffalo has a similar style so this should be interesting...

miamispartan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Hockey isn't what it used to be - too much fighting now.

We have a (half serious) joke here that goes something like this - "We went to a fight and a hockey game broke out".
Old joke. Actually there is much less fighting than there used to be back in the 70s. It was a real blood bath back then.
Can't believe Ottawa choked again. I guess I'll pull for Carolina in the East, just 'cause I like southern teams winning. Really pisses off the hockey purists.

But Buffalo's goalie is former Spartan Ryan Miller, and I always like him to do well...
Kind of pulling for Edmonton right now, 'cause it would also be cool for a Canadian team to win, since it has been SO long since that's happened...

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a devout Sens fan! I don't care how they lost
, I am still a staunch supporter and I love them and I hope that one day they WILL win the Cup!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the RED WINGS. I just think their home town base of fans really suck. They treated them so badly in comparision to the Edmonton Oliers fans. I just think why should they go out and work hard for that type of crowd and the players are still paided reguardless.

I am totally cheering for the MIGHTY DUCKS.... GOOOOOO DUCKS!