Newly adopted cat hates being touched or brushed after a week and a half of affection

ayb2016

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my first time taking care of a cat so forgive my ignorance with cat behaviour. About three weeks ago I adopted a sprayed female cat called Abigail or Abbey.She is 5 years old. At first she was scared and his under my bed for most of the day but came out in the evening craving affection from me by jumping up on me and sleeping on me, purring,rubbing up against me,hugging me etc. she would knead me and my bed as well as muzzling me which I understand is kitten behaviour that desexed cats retain. I took her to the vet to get her cat flu vaccine done(her last was 5 years ago) and several days later she suddenly doesn't want to be touched at all,not even with a brush. She meows,bites and scratches when anyone tries to touch her let alone pick her up or just runs away..She still loves to play but keeps watching my handnds cautiously whenever I'm near her. Is this part of normal cat new environment adjustment behaviour and I should just leave her be or is this a sign that she has some health problems?

catsrworld

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe the shot hurt her in some way.  Or maybe being in a different place and back she got more frightened of people.  She may even think you a threat now.  I would let her be for the most part, but try to coax her to let you touch her and remember to always stay friendly with her.