newly adopted 5-yr old kitty - chronic loose stool/diarrhea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

socksfurever14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody!

Its been several months since i wrote my first post- Time flies! I am back here to update!

Socks has improved greatly. He is eating wet food only now. It is sooooooooooooo much better. I got rid of dry completely after he refused to eat the dry duck food. Also, another grain free dry food given 1/4 of his daily diet (california natural chicken) that he liked gave him a cow pile poo!

He does well on Natural Balance Limited Ingredient venison. After being on that food for a while I thought he needed a different food source in case he develops some type of immune response to the food if he eats that only for a long time. So I tried the same line of food from Natural Balance. their duck and salmon did not work with Socks. Havent tried their chicken version - no availability at the local pet store and do not want to order online in bulk in case it doesnt work out-

It looks like Wellness complete health beef & chicken agrees with him. Its been 3 days since i slowly introduced it to him with venison and so far no problem!

Also i have given him natures variety instinct raw freeze medallian stuff, he was skeptical first, but seemed to enjoy it not as much as his canned food though. But im going to keep this as a part of his daily diet.

Aside from that i have cooked him bland turkey (on thanksgiving haha), beef, pork and salmon (no bones) as treats, and he always does well on these, except for egg yolk, so I try to avoid canned food with eggs in it. I really learned that what is in the food is so important. It truly was a learning experience-

One minor problem- his poo looks good but still does not drop clean 3 out of 5 times. My friend told me she gives culturelle to her cat for this so i may try. Im still adding pumpkin to his food occasionally but have not really observed whether pumpkin makes the poo drop clean. Perhaps this should be my next project before i venture into finding more food that he can eat. Right now i think 3 types are good enough...?

Socks has become super active, his body feels more firm (he came to me overweight, now i call him a muscle man not quite there yet w weight loss but it is another project), coat so shiny and his eyes are just WILD!

Thank you for your advice i am so glad i tried bland chicken back in Sept that was the first time i realized my cat can digest food right!!! Only the right kind. Thank you.

Happy Holidays!!!!