Newest foster mama,

Cattycoves

Following mama kitty
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my new foster mama, she’s very pregnant due any day, I was wondering if this looked like contractions? The two moms I’ve had I never saw the contractions one had her babies at a early 3am I only got there after she was done, and my other was a feral mom we saw a little of the birth from a kitty cam, if not contractions just a twitch?

She’s one of the prettiest tabby’s I’ve ever seen, mama does look like just a baby herself though, something really unique about her i think, is her tail she only has half of it doesn’t seem like any recent injury maybe like that since birth?
Not much info on her just that she was found at a gas station and hopped in their car for a personal Uber

She does still need a name too!

video attached here :
New foster mama’s possible contractions ?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hasshe dropped? If yes it may be beginning of labor. If not its prob Braxton Hick contractions

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cattycoves

Following mama kitty
Young Cat
Purraise
Hasshe dropped? If yes it may be beginning of labor. If not its prob Braxton Hick contractions

Update it wasn’t contractions, she started having them this morning, 2 babes so far, one has a full length tail and the other no tail

Attachments

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update it wasn’t contractions, she started having them this morning, 2 babes so far, one has a full length tail and the other no tail
Congrats!

Seems like mom's short tail is genetic then. You'll need to keep an eye on the tailless kitten. Google Manx Syndrome. Kittens born without a tail may have issues like incontinence or partial paralysis in the hind legs. Or they may be fine. It depends on how much the spinal cord is affected.