Newborns eyes are leaking?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I plan on calling the vet after I post this, but I want to know if anyone has encountered this before. I figure it can be one of three things: normal when their eyelids begin to separate, an infection, or milk seeping out through the tear duct (like humans can do sometimes). The discharge is milky white and comes back after every time I wipe, which is what makes me think it might be milk.

Anyone else seen this in their kittens?

angelkitty06

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my kittens have the same discharge in their eyes. My vet just said keep wiping the stuff off their eyes. There is nothing the vet can do about it. My boy kitten's eyes are now clear, but the girl is still having the discharge. they Havbe had it for a week and a half. Clean their bedding, I notice when I cleaned their bedding and made a new nbedding, the boy and girl kittens were doing a whole lot better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'm glad he didn't think it was too serious. My vet said unless they are sneezing or acting otherwise abnormal, that I shouldn't worry about it.
Only one of my kittens has the discharge right now... I sure hope it doesn't get any worse.

How often do you change the bedding? I was doing it every night, but I'm wondering if I need to do it more often... or use bleach in the laundry when I wash the towels.

Good thing I have today off so that I can disinfect the entire bathroom.