Newborn kitten is breathing hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hulk ended up dying thruout the night. I don't know if it was because the stomach thing like you said, but his body was cold because the heating pad quit off during the night. If it was because of that then he could have chance of making it. I didn't do my best at watching the heating pad, Sorry. R.I.P Hulk[emoji]127802[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️
Im sorry to hear this.  I suspect he would go anyway, sooner or later. It become sooner.  His only shade of a narrow chance was immediate visit to a good vet and probably followed by massive antibiotica.  And that wasnt possible. I suspect it was some form of pneumonia after all.

The non functioning heating pad was probably NOT the cause.   It just shortened a little the dying process... Unless its really chilly at your place. 

And truth to be said - death because of low temp is less difficult than death by suffocation...

Its sad, yes, but dont accuse yourself.  You did what you could, and his soul has no quarrel with you.

RIP, Hulk.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this @Ashleykits  It sounds as if you did all you could.

We always lock the threads when a cat or kitten passes as a sign of respect so I'm going to lock this one now. If you would like to start another thread about the mother and the other kittens please do so in this forum.

When you feel ready you can make a memorial thread in our Crossing The Bridge forum for Hulk.

Rest In Peace Little Hulk. We're sorry you couldn't stay here on Earth longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.