Newborn....HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
little, this happens so often there is a name for it. Fading Kitty Syndrome. You did all that you could, I am sorry Hope did not make it, but these things do happen.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My condolences in the loss of poor little Hope
You did the best you could, and its wonderful that she knew your love and care in her short life. Every animal deserves to be given a chance at life, and you gave her that. I'm just so sorry it didn't work out for the better. You're an angel for giving it your all :angel2:

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am SO sorry to hear about your little kitten, Hope.

Please don't blame yourself....you tried and you did what I would have done, and I have in the past tried to hand raise little day old abandoned kitties, and have never had any luck. I always do the best I can, and some times they have lived for a few weeks, then they just stop eating and just die. It is heartbreaking when you have spent so much time trying to help them live...but at least Hope knew the warmth of your touch, and the love of a human, and didn't die without knowing how it felt to be loved.

My thoughts are with you.

7cozycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i am so sorry. at least the kitten had you. you loved him in his short days. thats more than some get their whole life. hugs

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just now saw this thread. I was really hoping that somehow this kitten would manage to stay alive, and then I got so worried when I read your posts about how the kitten was failing. I'm so sorry that you lost her, you tried your hardest but she was just too young.

badhabit

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very unfortunate that Hope didn't make it but at least littlet was there and gave the kitten a chance by providing her with the best care she could. It's uncouthful that she should be be made to feel bad about her decision to give the kitten a chance.

littlet came to this board to ask for advice from friendly knowlegdable people who have had experience with bottle feeding kittens so she could help Hope as best as she could.

In many cases "trained professionals" have advised owners to have their animal put to sleep and due to the ignorance of the owner they refused and in the end these animals have lived long and healthy lives.

The point of TCS is a friendly welcoming place for cat lovers to come and exchange advice and thoughts and make new friends. This is not a place to bash anyone's ideas or to make someone feel bad about a decision they made.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To prevent this from becoming ugly. It has been decided to close this thread.

There are more than a few people on this board who have kept newborn kitties against vet advise, and went through a lot (while sharing the whole process with many) and have today cats that were not supposed to make it.

The reality is that some kittens are strong and they can thrive while others just fade. There is no purpose in making someone who is trying hard to keep a little one alive to feel bad about that decision. That is where second and third opinions in diagnosis come into play. I personally have one cat who has survived 9 years beyond what she was supposed to as a kitten. Had I listened to my vet, she would be dead and I would have been robbed all the pleasure she has brought over the years.

Little's kitten is gone and many members share her pain and sorrow. Nothing said here will bring this kitten back and if harsh words are exchanged then it just makes the pain worse. And the pain is bad enough to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.