Newbie here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK, so bumping up this thread from 2005 when I first joined.  A lot has happened.  Speckles went to the Bridge in December, 2005 at the age of 18 and Max made the journey in January, 2010 at the age of 17.  In May, 2010 adopted 15 yr. old Merlin who passed in April, 2013 from throat cancer.  In July, 2013 I adopted Yodee who is still with me.  She's a meezer mix but howls like a meezer does.  :)  She has some skin allergies which I'm beginning to believe is because of fleas or mites she brought home from the shelter.  As you can see, I'm in the habit of adopting senior kitties.  They are always overlooked and since Yodee doesn't like other animals, I could not leave her to live out the rest of her senior life in a small cage so she's home with me and enjoying the warmth of a soft bed in front of the fireplace.

I battled and won the lung cancer fight in 2006 and Max was by my side the whole time.  I've lost 80 lbs since joining and I'm still single and loving it.  I retired in January of 2012 and have been doing alot of volunteer work with animal rescue groups since then as well as the BC Wildlife Rescue.  Had a tummy tuck in January, 2013.  Best thing I ever did.

I would also like to add that I've spent some time going over this site and especially the section devoted to raw food diets.  You are all awesome in providing the much needed advice for me since I would like to start this process.  Many thanks again.

Merry Christmas

Slick & Yodee

xoxo

Last edited:

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet story you have of your beloved babies.  How nice of you to adopt the older ones, they are too often ignored because of their age and possible problems.