newbie here from burleson,texas/usa

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went through Burleson this morning. Did you see me and wave at me?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jeremy m

LOL no but i saw some 18 wheelers go by
Mine was the Toys R Us truck. About 9:30 a.m.

Of course, I was on I35W, not actually down into town!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome Jeremy! I'm in southwest Fort Worth and am very familiar with Burleson! I haven't been to the HEB store, but I want to. I grew up in San Antonio and HEBs are EVERYWHERE!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't shop at HEB, even if there was one convenient. Their warehouse in San Antonio treats truck drivers very badly. After delivering there one time, I swore I would never go in another one of their stores.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's interesting! My brother worked for them in their w'hse once upon a time in the dark ages and loved it. Sorry you had such a bad experience with them.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're not the only ones. We don't shop at Borders for the same reason, or Safeway. If I thought about it, I could dredge up a few more.

HEB is one of the grocery warehouses that has a sign up in the receiving office, "HEB is not in the business of unloading trucks. You can unload your own, or you can hire another person to do it. You do so at your own risk, and any refusal to unload will result in expulsion from the property."

Several years ago, a driver lost about half his foot being run over by one of HEB's forklifts. The warehouse quoted the notice above, but as my liability lawyer friend told me, if you are on the warehouse floor, the warehouse is responsible for you, no matter what they say. The driver ended up getting about $150,000. I'm told that's not an unusual occurrence in any grocery warehouse. Just say, "Grocery warehouse lumper," and see how quickly a truck driver will get angry.