Newbie Here! Five Fur Babies!

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all! I stumbled upon this site when I was researching cat foods. I have been a cat mommy for 20+ years but my current fur babies include: Loki (siamese), Smokey (all black), Gracie (all grey), Bella (tuxedo) and Primrose aka "Prim" (diluted/pastel tortie).

Loki is a handful who is afraid of his own shadow. He doesn't really "meow" but he makes these funny grunting noises. He meows when he's scared though, and pees on me too (trips to vet). He's definitely the underdog in the house and acts out by peeing everywhere. The vet has prescribed meds to help with his anxiety issues. The cutest thing of all :: when he's relaxed and feels safe, he curls up next to me, and sucks his paw, which he's done since he was a kitten. He makes these suckling noises and purrs too. It's literally the cutest thing I've ever seen. He also drags his "blankie" and dismembered teddy bear around the house. He's very much a momma's boy and always wants to be near me.

Smokey is a sweet lovebug who likes to spoon and crawl under the covers with me, often falling asleep in the crook of my arm. He loves to give kisses too! He has a beautiful shiny black coat. When he was a kitten, he was more a dark grey coloring, hence his name. He's sporting the "fang" look too, with at least one fang usually showing. Smokey is very "chill" and relaxed. I wish all my cats were so laid back!

Bella is my oldest. She's a loner who isn't very sociable but is definitely the alpha cat. She has a beautiful black spot on her face, giving her the "Marilyn" beauty mark look. She recently lost her brother, Bandit, so she's been more withdrawn than usual.

Prim and Gracie are sisters. Gracie's original name was "Katniss" (Katniss & Prim are sisters in the Hunger Games movies). It didn't suit her, so her name was changed to Gracie. They are sweet girls and the youngest of my babies, at 1 years old. As a kitten, Gracie loved to crawl up on my chest, curl up and go to sleep. It doesn't work as well, now that she's an adult, but she still tries. Prim has an absolutely beautifully thick, super soft coat. I've never been crazy about torties but she's gorgeous! She's a little doll baby who's always purring! Both girls love to be picked up. Prim has a bit of an issue because she's afraid to use the door flap that leads to the garage (and the litter boxes) but we are working on it. When she was a kitten, she'd do her business on my couch, so I put a temporary litter box in the house for her. That broke the couch habit, but I'm trying to get her accustomed to going to the garage because I can't handle litter boxes in the house. She's getting better.

All of my fur babies are adopted from a cat rescue. All were hand raised, bottle fed, and found abandoned very young, except Bella. She's a rescue but was found as an older kitten, along with her brother. I'm so glad to be here! I look forward to learning new things and hopefully I can help others with the wisdom I've attained in my years of cat ownership, and mistakes I've made as well. I also recently changed litters. The clay/silica based litters are really bad for cats (and humans), but I had no idea how much so, until I started having health problems of my own. I wish I'd known about it sooner.

Pictures of all my babies attached!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome! Your babies are beautiful! I hope to see more pictures of them around TCS!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello thecatzmeow and your lovely bunch of beautiful fur babies, welcome to TCS :wave3:

Glad that you stumbled on this site and have decided to join us. This is a wonderful site filled with many good stuffs and not to mention many lovely cats too.

Do post more photos of your fur babies for us to see :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Your kitties are all gorgeous. :)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Your cats are so cute and they all sure sound like little characters. We recently had to put one of our cats on Prozac for anxiety and inappropriate peeing and it made all the difference in the world. I hope it works for Loki. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums. :hellocomputer: