Newbie - hello and advice welcome

flixy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. I have one 8 year old male cat called Felix. I saved him from being put to sleep at 3 months of age. He is a black and white cat and has always been a bit odd. Hates being petted, not sociable at all but I love him to bits. Only me, him and my son in house. He hates visitors etc. He had a few health problems and recurring bouts of FLUTD which now under control after total radical change in diet (resisted for months by Felix) and a change in pattern - he always went out at night and now rarely goes out! He's purring now and even sleeps on my bed which is progress. However recently if he wants fed in the morning (and boy is he a greedy cat) he bites me and it's a bit scary. Eyes are blazing and he draws blood. Just missed my eye the other morning. He also pulls my hair out. He's not aggressive the rest of the time and I'm not scared of him but early mornings are getting stressful. I don't want to lock him out of my bedroom as he would just wake my son, or force him to go back out at night. He's healthy now and more of a pet than he has ever been - just this 5am "feed me NOW or I will eat you" behavior is an issue!! I have Feliway diffusers all the time. Thanks for reading Xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flixy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hope I didn't post this in the wrong place?? [emoji]128533[/emoji]

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So this biting happens early morning waking you up, right? Are you sure it is because Felix wants to be fed? My RB Joji was okay sleeping with me and not bothering me until I woke up. But when she got to be a senior, she would insist to be let out of the bedroom, not as violent as your Felix, but would paw my arm or chin until I stood up and open the door for her. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

flixy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I think he does want fed and I've no objections but it gets earlier and earlier! I have a huge lump in my head where he pulled out my hair this morning!! He was fed dry food (due to him not keeping down wet food as a youngster) and due to his urinary issues is now fed totally wet diet. I wonder if he's not as "full" on this. I've tried late night feeding but he's so greedy that he would eat 24 hours a day if I let him! He was used to going out at night and it's a whole new routine for both of us!! May need to get a lock for the bedroom doors if this doesn't work and encourage him to stay on his own bed til a reasonable time!! X