New!

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All.

Found this forum by accident and I'm loving it!

A couple months ago my elderly cat, Kitty (aka Princess, aka Big Momma, aka Storm, aka Pretty Kitty etc etc) started to loose weight, and move a little slower. We knew it was only a matter of time before she'd be gone. My beloved dog passed away last March and I was semi-dreaming of a fur free home for a bit. Then one late friday night 7 weeks ago my husband came home from work with a meowing lunch box. And my dreams changed. They pulled the cutest little 2 week old kitten out of a cardboard dumpster. Our best theory since it's impossible for a mother cat to get into this 8 foot high with a secure lid dumpster is that someone dumped a box of kittens into it, it was just dumped that day and my little guy must have hung on for dear life to a box that got stuck on the bottom. So, now I have Oscar, the dumpster kitten as my (now) friends at the vet call him. We had some struggles those first few weeks including an enema, a choking incident, weaning and eliminating issues and a cast on his leg (and many $$$ later). I jokingly say Oscar is down to 6 lives, this cat has will. But we've successfully made it to 9 weeks and he just got his fist set of vaccines! My Oscar is no longer a baby :(

During our first visit to the vet the Dr gave me some resources on Abandoned Cat Syndrome and asked us to think about getting him a playmate as my old girl had no interest in him. She gave us that "wtf did you do that for?" look when she met him, lol. We thought about it, we never wanted 2 cats at the same time. We were semi-open to it but hadn't made a decision.

Then, one day, I was at the pet store and in the cage were kittens for adoption. They opened the cage and this kitten from the back flew out of the back of the cage at my face. Curled up in my arms and purred and purred and purred. Copper chose me, so I adopted him. He's spunky and ever so loving. His favourite spot is in my arms. He's 7 weeks older than Oscar, which is sometimes concerning when they play, but for the most part they get along wonderfully. The funny part is, I am pretty sure Oscar is higher than Copper in the order of things, as Oscar is King of the food and Copper allows it.

Suddenly I went from dreams of a pet free life to 3 cats and 4 litter boxes!! omg... Life was nuts for a bit, 3 different diets, monitoring poo and pee and play oh my... Unfortunately, we had to put Kitty to rest last Thursday. I miss her ever so much, but these little guys help.

Was just at the vet again Friday with the rugrats as we affectionately call them. They are both very healthy and thriving kittens. :D

Goodness that was longer than anticipated!

Pictures!! I almost forgot.
IMG_20170430_132022669.jpg
IMG_20170517_092516379_HDR.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your kitties are adorable! I hope to see you around the forums!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS :wave3:

Thank you for for adopting Oscar and Copper. Your kitties are lovely :lovecat::lovecat4:

Feel free to ask questions and do check out the rest of the site for its rich contents and do post more photos of your kitties :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What beautiful kittens these are! They were, obviously, meant to be with you, and I know they have helped ease the loss of your beloved Kitty. Not taken her place, nothing can, but made her place feel a bit less empty. I'm so glad you have found us, and am looking forward to watching these two grow into wonderful cats!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry about Kitty. :( It does help having little ones around. I never wanted more than one cat at a time, either, but I have four now, and at one point we were up to seven. :lol:

Your new kids are adorable. Welcome to TCS!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I can't stand this much cuteness in one post..:flail:

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome!!!! I am always happy to see new members. TCS is such a great place. I can honestly say that in a harsh world there are days when the good people here save my sanity.
I am sorry that you have lost Kitty. It is never easy, I know. I lost my love Desmond in November and then Jack came to keep me busy.So wonderful that little Oscar was saved from the dumpster. People never cease to amaze me. Oscar is one luck kitty. A couple years ago my friend and I rescued a very thin 15 year old deaf cat from the bottom of a closed dumpster.My friend has him at her house and he is so precious and obviously grateful.Both of your cats are lovely and I hope to hear many "Raising Kittens" stories in the future!