New Year's Resolutions ~~!!!

gus's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1. To visit the cat site more often (I just don't have enough hours in the day)
2. To lose 30lbs (to PO my mother in law who's sure she's perfect)
3. To find a new job that interests me
4. To love my hubby more and more every day (that's easy!!)

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
-Lots of people trying to lose large amounts of weight. Maybe some of you are being too hard on yourselves? Anyway, my resolutions are to:
  • Exercise at least two times a week.
  • Gain a minimum of 10 pounds more muscle.

d'elle and beau

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Usually I don't make resolutions, but this year I have made one:

To try to stop "shoulding" myself about things, by which I mean to stop telling myself I "should" do this or "should" be that way. I am going to try to accept myslef and love myself the way that I am.

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tulip2454

........one I forgot - to make new friends from Louisiana.......
When I do win, I'm sure that I'll have lots of new best friends!! I'll be so happy, I'm sure that I'll share!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by D'Elle and Beau

Usually I don't make resolutions, but this year I have made one:

To try to stop "shoulding" myself about things, by which I mean to stop telling myself I "should" do this or "should" be that way. I am going to try to accept myslef and love myself the way that I am.
THIS IS MOST EXCELLENT. It really hit a nerve with me because it is exactly the kind of resolution I really need, too. In my most neurotic moments I seem to think I am never tall enough, skinny enough, blonde enough, smart enough, young enough, or loved enough. How destructive is that!?! NO MORE. Thank you. I will add it to my list!

Elizabeth

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lose weight, no big diets for me, just cut down on portion size and really be cognizant of what I am eating.

Get the money under control again. We were doing so good for a long time, and then it all went down the tubes.
So we have to get that under control again and that means saying "NO" to a lot for the next couple months.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to see I'm not the only one who has some weight to lose. I joined Weight Watchers On-line last week and so far have done pretty good at sticking to the plan. We'll see if I've lost any weight on Wednesday when I weight in again. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have about 20 or 30 lbs to lose.

In addition to that I'm starting to go back to the gym, my goal is three times a week. First night tonight, we'll see how long I'll keep this one up.

Get my spending under control. I have a real problem with impluse purchasing so for right now I'm just trying to stay out of the store.

Next week will be my first week, but I want to try and go to church again.

And get out a meet more people, I'm not very out going so it's hard for me to meet people but it would be really cool to meet some new people to hang out with.

And as an incentive, if we stick to all our resolutions this for the first quarter of the year my cousin and I are having a day of beauty in the spring.

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To take better care of myself so I am healthier and not so fatigued--including eating HEALTHY foods (instead of cutting out meals to lose weight, like I've been doing), starting to do yoga again, vacuuming the apartment more often (so my asthma bothers me less...), and getting a full checkup (very overdue).