New Year's Eve and Day

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Are you doing anything special for the New Year?

Around here we'll be watching movies and such, our normal routine. I'll probably fall asleep and wake up several times. I know we're going to watch the next episode of Reacher and probably the new(er) Indiana Jones movie. Not sure about anything else.

We normally do our Big Sandwich, but not this year, due to the deli meats and such. Rick bought a couple dips and some crackers at the store the other day. When he was at the butcher a couple weeks ago, they didn't have any wings. He was going to go back, but then didn't get there. We ordered some wings last night with our pizza and had quite a few leftover; I'm going to heat them in the NFG on Sunday night. I found a King Arthur recipe for a bread that's a cross between focaccia and a pretzel bread. It sounds really interesting, so I'm going to try that....they had me at honey mustard! Mmmmm

On New Year's Day, we'll be enjoying our regular pork and sauerkraut. I may make a shoofly cake for dessert. We'll see how things go. Rick will be watching all the bowl games on TV, so that will be my chance to hang out in the Shed for a while and do.....not much!

What will you do for NYE? How will you bring in 2024?? :party2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's a family tradition to watch The Twilight Zone marathon every New Yea's Eve & Day. We've been doing it as far back as I can remember. Nothing special to eat or drink although DH did mention picking up a bottle of Asti Spumonte but alcohol gives me migraines so he nixed it. I may make individual pizzas for us because I have all the ingredients in the house but that could change. :dunno:

Pam, I did make your shoofly cake once. Thank you for the recipe. 🤗 I try new recipes and then forget about them so maybe I should make it again.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Things have been a bit hectic lately so I'm hoping for a quiet three day weekend. Duke and I will be staying home with kitties, our usual routine the past several years. We are making lentils and sautéed greens (for good luck!) on New Year's Eve.

2024-happy-new-year-post-design-template-34adfaafd83e8a5577d96d04ffbe937c_screen.jpg

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually don't do much for NYE...we'll have some cheese and crackers,maybe some of the summer sausage w/cheddar cheese our neighbors gave us,maybe some chips and dip.Nothing big.Neither one of us have stayed up to watch the ball drop for many a year....we just can't stay awake!I'm going to fix a pork roast,some sauerkraut,haven't decided on latkes or mashed,buttered peas,and that's as far as I've gotten.