Hi  I'm Dani i just got a kitten for my family her name is Jynx not sure

what kind of kitten she is but we love her just the same

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dani elliott

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
why dose my kitten cry a lot when she know there food in the room even

when she all ready Eaton is this just because she a kitten?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Dani, Welcome to the cat site! :wavey:
Did you just get the kitten? Today?
Is that the only kitten/pet your family has in the house? Where is the kitten at?
The kitten is probably a bit scared and confused at the moment, not knowing what is going on.... The best thing to do is to put her for a little while in a small quiet room, with food, water, and a litterbox. As she gets comfortable, then she can go and explore the rest of the house. Make sure the house is kitten-safe.... Kittens can get in trouble easily....
Be very gentle, talk soft to her, and let her come to you.....
How old is she, do you know?
Congratulations on your new kitten!! :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

dani elliott

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hay Carolina,

Thanks for welcoming me to the site .

We have had jynx for a week now .

The vet thinks she is 3 to 6 weeks old .

I also have 3 dogs  two small and one big they all like her she not around the dogs

she stays in my room all day

she only go's crazy when i have  food

she loves to sleep with me and she all ways at my feet

she my first kitten!                   I had a cat before but this kitten thing is all new

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Dani!

I would say she is definitely older than that, but still pretty young.... Probably around 8-9 weeks?
Why so young, where is momma? It is good for kittens to be with mom until about 12 weeks, so they learn proper behavior.....
Is she using the litterbox properly?

About that collar- make sure it's a break-away collar... if it doesn't break open when you pull, it can be dangerous for the kitten if he gets stuck somewhere - in fact, it can be dangerous for any cat.... It doesn't look to me like it is....

What is she eating? Wet food (in the cans) is really good for kitties - better than dry, if you can..... And training her to eat on a schedule will be a very good thing for her future. Kittens eat quite a bit - you should let him have pretty much all he want to eat. You know to not give milk to her, right?

Also, be careful with flea medications - just use the ones from the vet - the ones you buy from the market are really bad..... it can harm your baby.

Do you have toys?

Because he is so young, you will need to teach him some proper behavior. If he starts to bite, instead of punishing, yelling or such (should never punish a cat), distract his attention to a toy - a feather toy, a string, or straws, work like a charm. The cuter you might think it is, don't play fight with him if he bites your hands - that can get out of control, and then when he grows up you will have a hard time stopping it.

He will need a lot of attention, and will play a whole lot - kittens have a lot of energy, and are a whole lot of fun!!
He is a cutie pie!! :love:

Last edited:

dani elliott

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hay Carolina,

The collar expands

The food I have been feeding her is meow mix dry with Hertz milk re placer for kittens

friskies kitten can food

I'm trying to get her on a schedule Thank u didn't really know how much too feed her

Yes made her a toy with some soaks she has a ball and toy mouse 

what do i do about the kitten s nails

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meow Mix has a pretty poor reputation as a quality food, but, that said, probably even store-brand cat foods are better than what the kitten would get to eat in the wild.  Cats that eat only dry food tend to get overweight, over the long term.

I saw your other photos of Jynx, and I have to say she is one little cutie with the appearance of having a lot of personality.

dani elliott

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she a little sweet heart a really good kitten she like wet food better anyways

when I got her she had no meat on her. Now she got a big tummy and very play full now still  a little kitten

thank mrblanche she a good kitten

slikkuz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I'm also a bit late but welcome I'm new my self but yes welcome! Have good luck with your cats!

~Slikkuz

dani elliott

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank u too and welcome every one is great on here very help full