New to orphaned kittens (need advice)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moriles9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So as I was trying to teach them to lap up their milk from a bowl, one of them got eager and dipped their head down to smell it and sucked some up his nose during the process. He sneezed quite a bit right after and he's not acting different but everything I've read online warns about kitty peumonia.

I could be just be overreacting but is it a possibility?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Anything is possible. They are just a tad bit young for this. How are they doing with the mush?

moriles9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just got to the kitty food for it on my way home tonight and will be starting it in the morning! Also got cat litter to start too (:

moriles9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes they have.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Take things slowly. Offer the mush, but continue with the bottles until they fully wean themselves. :)

moriles9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens are now almost 6 weeks!

Kittens are now able to climb up on my bed and curl up with me. Weaning has been a major pain in the butt, finally decided to quit giving them the bottle with formula until they started eating the wet food. After that they decided they'd rather eat that than be hungry, and that solved all the problems lol. I still give them water in the bottle though, they just can't seem to get the hang of lapping it up. I'm sure they'll learn though. Anyways they're all happy, healthy and as cute as ever! (:

moriles9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm going to keep two! The one in the middle of the last picture is going to my best friend!