New to forum, have some questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

craftydoodle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and support. I feel a lot better that it wasn't just me that this happened to.
I am going to go ahead and take her to the vet this week, and see what he says from there. Again, thanks.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to agree with Kumbulu. You are looking at possible birth defects, kittens that are born blind, cleft palates, they could have tumors. Mom or the babies could die during the birthing. It really is something to consider to get the kitten spayed now and prevent such heartache. The cold reality of inbreeding is that it shouldn't occur at all, but it does. The list is endless about what could occur in each kitten as it comes out in the world, if indeed it comes out at all. No one likes to abort kittens, but when it comes to the reality of tiny beings suffering and there is not anything that anyone can do to help them- I guess you have to ask yourself, what is worse?

mellanie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with Hissy. If she isn't too far along and the vet feels doing the spay would be safe, it really would be the best thing for her. Even if she has healthy kittens and a safe delivery, and you find homes for them, just think: if those kittens weren't born, then the future adopters could provide homes for kittens already in need, just like you did for the litter of feral babies.

Hope this helps!