New to Cat Forum! (cute cat pics included) :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DesignVHL

wow lots of replies since i've last visited! Mean to come on here more, but so busy lately w/ work! Two weeks ago Vegas started to vomit 3-5 times a day - so I brought her in and they put her on Prednisone (sp?)...assuming she had IBD and she stopped vomiting...has not vomited since then...but TODAY i just randomly decided to check that recall list and found the update had the wet canned cat food from Blue Spa Select on there! I'm so livid! I am afraid that it may be possible that food had affected her, however the blue spa website stated that they pulled their canned food off the shelf, however none has been tested positive for the Melamine which was what has been poisoning our babies! I am pretty sure that I have the food and dates on the cans of those recalled foods...and even though they tested negative, I am thinking that some blood work couldn't hurt her just to be safe....she seems ok other than her previous vomiting...just thought I would share this updated story on her....i'm a little worried but I think she will be ok...hope your kitties are all ok too....this recall thing is getting a little scary!

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes! Hope to share some new photos soon...as they are my best subjects!
Our thoughts and prayers are with Vegas and you and we do hope all is well, but you are very caring and conscientious to get her tested -- it's definitely the right thing to do and hopefully will give you peace of mind as she checks out okay. Yes, the recall has got us all very scared and concerned. Don't know if you have subscribed yet, but you may want to visit http://www.itchmo.com daily for the latest updates and information regarding the recall. I feel a lot more confident knowing they will send updates to me via email as they get them -- they seem to be the definitive source for the up-to-the-minute info.

Can't wait to see new pix of a very healthy, happy, loved VEGAS!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

I love the pictures of your furkids.
Hope to see more!

See you around the forums.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

designvhl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks guys!
Yeah according to the blue spa letter announcement nothing has been positive on the food..i haven't fed it to her in like 2 weeks and she seems to be doing fine. The vet said there isn't much you can do but watch her if she would test positive for the poisoning...so FOR NOW i am just going to keep an eye on her...no need to put her thru more tests if it isn't completely necessary....I think she would be showing more symptoms by now anyways...

On another happy note...I am getting my mom a kitten for mom's day! It will be her first one, so maybe she will come on here and say hi...i think this would be a great place to send her for new info on owning a kitty....i can't wait to go to the shelter w/ her on saturday!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

designvhl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks!
I have a ton of photos, that I'd love to share - just have to find time to edit and upload! I did make a sig finally though, so it's a step in the right direction...even tho charlie has this crazy look on his face....I'll have to find one where he really shows off his kitten charm.