new thread on Chloe's illness

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your baby does well! She is really small compared to the other one, Glitch was about 1/2 the size of his brother too! How swollen is her belly now?
Good Healing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
pretty swollen

It looks like she's pregnant. I took her to the vet tonight for some fluids. She's a regular there now and everyone knows her and stops to say hello and comment on how sweet she is.

but, she's eating really well and seems to feel better everyday. The vet hasn't mentioned draining the fluid. How exactly would they go about doing this? If it's not too invasive I think I'd like to do it.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When they drained Glitch's fluid, they took him and put a needle in his stomach (just one they use to give a shot) hooked it up to a thing and just pulled the fluid out (actually it kinda came out on its own) I got a great discount by letting them keep the fluid and study it! He was fine and happy when he got home and they took 18oz! The first thing he did was jump, which he hadn't been able to do in some time! It was well worth it! It didnt cause him any pain at all!!! Which is the great part about the procedure! The belly can fill up again and you might have to do it more than once, but they are so happy to have it out of their bellies!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
o wow this sounds like a great idea!

she can't really jump very well... and she hasn't climbed her kitty tree in at least a week.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how that goes Saya, thats what happened with mine too... So yours has the wet form too. I really hope they get those meds soon!! FIP is the worst, but at least kitty is eating and drinking! Thats the hard part! Has kitty found a certain spot she likes to sit and lay yet?

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
took her back to the vet today and asked them to drain her tummy.
They couldn't get it all, her tummy is still quite big, but it is flatter.

They pulled 3 cups of goo out of her tummy!

I also noticed today that her ears are a little yellow... the vet confirmed jaundice

so I guess I'll be adding 10-15 minutes a day in the sunshine to her remedies.

Interferon hasn't made it here yet... I hope it comes soon.

I have a small heating pad that I set on low and put into her kitty bed. I put it on the couch so she can lay in it and be social, she stays there most of the day and then when I go to bed she comes into my room and sleeps on the cable box. I think she likes it because it's warm and it also hums... I think she finds it soothing.

still doing well, keep it up with the prayers and vibes, they really seem to be working!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

The interferon will need to be refrigerated, so if you're not likely to be home when it comes, do you have someone who could take it in for you? I wish you and Chloe the best.
Cloud_Shade's right: the Interferon does need to be kept cold. I'm surprised I forgot to mention that..

You got a good price on the stuff.
I sure hope it helps her.

More good vibes coming your way!

~KK~

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well the interferon came yesterday...

I gave it to her in the afternoon and then left for work around 5. She slept a lot during the day, I figured she was just getting used to the new medicine.

I was wrong. By the time I got home that night, around midnight, she was wobbling around and couldn't take more than a few steps without stopping and taking a break. I only gave her about half the amount she was supposed to get this morning before I had second thoughts and took her to the vet instead.

She thinks she may have had a reaction to the interferon... also she's not eating well. It's so disheartening because she was doing so well and I hate to think that this medicine that was supposed to help her could be making her worse.

Of course it could be a coincidence... but we've stopped it just in case.

I did manage to get her to swallow her prednisolone today and the vet gave me some prescription food and some cat nutrition goo (nutra cal?) as well as a syringe.

she is so weak she can't even hold her head up. I have to take her to her catbox and she just lays in there while she goes and barely scratches with her front paw. I have to feed her with a spoon and bring her her water.

I hope she comes out of this.

need major major vibes please

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Major vibes coming your way! I am so sorry you and Chloe are going through this. Know lots of love from TCS is coming your way.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!
That's so sad; I am so sorry..

Maybe she got a bad batch of the stuff.
Can your vet try something else?? I've heard that there are other meds that can be used to help with the FIP..
Can you call your vet to find out?

I really am truly sorry.
I was hoping that the Interferon would help Chloe as much as it's helped Geronimo & Winchester.
Maybe it's not working for her b/c she has the wet form of FIP - not the dry form.

I sure hope there is something your vet can do. I will continue to pray for y'all and send more vibes.

~KK~

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Chloe didn't make it through the night...

I buried her in the garden this morning next to the catnip...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

Chloe didn't make it through the night...

I buried her in the garden this morning next to the catnip...
Oh honey I'm so so so sorry. She knew how much you loved her, right until the very end.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry - she was greatly loved, and I'm sure she knew it. She was blessed to have you, and may you, little Berach and the rest of your family receive the strength you need now.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry. It is such a cruel disease, and it takes them from us so quickly.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Saya, I am so, so sorry.
I was hoping that Chloe would be one of the lucky ones who could fight this horrible disease.

You did everything you could for her. She is at peace now, and is no longer suffering.

RIP Chloe.

~KK~

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry. There are no words to ease your pain.

You and Chloe both fought a brave battle. Your sweet girl is now released from her pain.

Lots of love for you, Saya.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank all of you so very much for all of your support and prayers.

This has been very hard on all of us, as you all know. Your kind words will not be forgotten.

Guess it's time to post a memorial on the rainbow bridge forum...

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry I wasn't on here when this all happened! So sorry, My kitty didn't make it that far either. Just so you know, thats exactly what happened when Glitch got worse too and he wasn't on that medicine. I think its something that goes along with the disease. No words can comfort you right now I know, so I wish you the best with you and your baby! They took more out of your cats belly than they did mine! Mine got 18oz out and your got 24oz! Thats a lot of goo! Im so sorry nothing worked, oh goodness Im rambling, PM me if you want to talk....